The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I think we need to wipe the state delegates off the board and then give everyone 7 days or so to put themselves forward to represent their chosen state. That would then filter out those representatives who are not paying much attention to the MUN and would also give other TSR members a reminder about the existence of the MUN to recruit some new members. Possibly organise a time every couple of days when all the delegates can gather for a discussion on all the topics being dealt with in the official UN and any other issues requiring to be raised.
Reply 2
zav
Does the SC need to be re-elected?

It has been recently, with not much change.
zav

Do we need a new HYP scenario to get the MUN going?

Ethereal began one recently which also produced minimal effect.

With respects to any changes. I am quite happy to wipe the slate clean and start afresh, but please glance through the charter. SC positions are awarded through election, and to do anything different would require the approval of all members by a poll beforehand. Just bear this in mind. That said, this isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. One just starts a thread and wacks up a poll.
Reply 3
I agree with the idea of wiping and starting again. It will be good to try and let anyone put themselves up for the postions.

Will the SG postion be up for review? I think we might need somebody to orgainise all this and it seems silly to change now.
Craghyrax
One just starts a thread and wacks up a poll.

Would you please elaborate on that?? I'm in one of my "How would you manage that?" moods. :p:
Reply 5
zav

Will the SG postion be up for review? I think we might need somebody to orgainise all this and it seems silly to change now.

I think Craghyrax is a great SG and will be good for supervising this.

I'm with you all on this one, anything to boost activity gets a thumbs up from me.

I think regarding the other thread, the MUN needs to be sorted before we can even think of the SC. A Council is no good without the MUN to keep it thriving.
UnaChance

I'm with you all on this one, anything to boost activity gets a thumbs up from me.

I think regarding the other thread, the MUN needs to be sorted before we can even think of the SC. A Council is no good without the MUN to keep it thriving.

Agreed. :smile:
Reply 7
Captain Biggles
Would you please elaborate on that?? I'm in one of my "How would you manage that?" moods. :p:

If you have any ideas or would like to change something in the MUN, the first thing is to browse through the charter and see what is or isn't constitutional (you'll need this to back you up in justifying it to the other members :wink:) Second thing is to start a thread discussing it, and then lastly you just put up a poll. All threadstarters are able to do this. Just look at 'Thread tools' on the top right hand side of any thread.
Any MUN user may do the above any time they please :smile:
Reply 8
I'm for a reshuffle at the minute. I have the colossus, and I'm willing to risk it by reshuffling if it gives the powers in the world who are active in current affairs (Like The US, UK, Israel, Iran ect) seats in this MUN. We need to get the MUN thriving again.
I do reguarly check the MUN thread, however, there is a clear lack of activity !
zav
Will the SG postion be up for review?

There is no minimum or maximum duration of term as far as I am aware. SGs usually step down when they're fed up or get too busy. I'm only the 6th, and the TSR MUN began in 2005. If you want the position of the role reviewed, or have issues with me the procedure is first to PM me with those issues, and then after that to raise a motion for a VNC, which obviously requires the approval of the other members.
zav

I think we might need somebody to orgainise all this and it seems silly to change now.

If you make clear what you want organising, I will organise it. I don't, however, change anything unless permitted by the charter and the will of the GA. My role is to facilitate the functioning of the MUN and to serve it and its interest in whatever way I can.
UnaChance

Thankyou :smile:
g_star_raw_1989
I do reguarly check the MUN thread, however, there is a clear lack of activity !

But there is a lot going on in the world. :smile: We just need to find a way in which regular posters bring up issues of concern to themselves (and potentially other countries) on a regular basis. Maybe the SG could PM the representatives of certain countries to bring up a current issue in the MUN forum?? :s-smilie:
Captain Biggles
But there is a lot going on in the world. :smile: We just need to find a way in which regular posters bring up issues of concern to themselves (and potentially other countries) on a regular basis. Maybe the SG could PM the representatives of certain countries to bring up a current issue in the MUN forum?? :s-smilie:

Do you mean I should just PM everybody and ask them to find an issue of international relevence occuring in their state and start a thread on that?

No problems with that. Definitely need comments from everyone else on it though.
Craghyrax
Do you mean I should just PM everybody and ask them to find an issue of international relevence occuring in their state and start a thread on that?

Yeah, that idea seems so much more stupid that the way I thought it would sound!! :redface: In retrospect I think maybe a representative should have at least one thread per week to bring up an important issue or two relevant to his/her state. If a delegate can't keep up with that without good reason then sanctions should be taken - it's not all fun and games. :wink:
Right. Well I can't take any action unless the GA agree to something so I can implement it.

You seem to be shooting out ideas like a popcorn machine, Captain Biggles, so what you might want to consider is just starting a big thread and listing each of the ideas you've mentioned, and then attaching a poll using the multiple choice option. Give me a min and I'll try find you an example.
Reply 15
I think the min post idea sounds good although some countries news is more covered than others making it harder for smaller countries.
Reply 16
Yeah, we need a big thread for all of this, and a mass PM to get everyone involved.
Craghyrax
You seem to be shooting out ideas like a popcorn machine, Captain Biggles

:blushing:
zav
I think the min post idea sounds good although some countries news is more covered than others making it harder for smaller countries.

Yeah, that would present itself a definite problem. The only way to really combat that would be to plant some bombs in boring countries and let chaos.....:wink:

On a slightly more serious note, in that situation maybe a hypothetic situation could be put forward and debated backed up with research from some sources?? Would that work? :confused:
Perhaps we could have something like this

Every week, 2 members are PMed by the SG and told that they have to come up with a good topic to discuss (anything other than stupid condolences), and we can make sure that everyone comes to a consensus on the topics by the end of the week.

How does that sound?

Latest

Trending

Trending