The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I would strongly suggest you dont use them with red hair and freckles :s-smilie: wtf is wrong with you?
Trigger
So why dont you just sunbathe with high factor sunscreen? Why are people so willing to make themselves ill just to look brown :s-smilie:

I agree, I think it's stupid to do so, but I dunno I guess my insecurity just takes over me when I think about summer? Although I was thinking of not having the sunbeds this year and trying out some fake tan.
Reply 22
Fake tan must be cheaper surely? And if you get it done professionally then it must look good, if not better :s-smilie:
Yea I agree. Hmm, I think I'll try out a spray tan this year :smile: It does sound really hypocritical of me in that I've stopped smoking because of cancer risks and yet I was still willing to go on sunbeds???????? WTF is wrong with me?
Reply 24
Why don't you just get a fake tan put on, truly is it worth ***ing up your skin, just so you can look good for one day?
Reply 25
Hear hear
Reply 26
Don't do it,

after personally having to deal with skin cancer in the family, please don't take the chance..
Reply 27
tezw
A tan lasts longer from a sunbed than some sprays and it looks more natural than spray.

If i was a girl i would use a spray but am not so a sunbed it is lol
Grow up.
Reply 28
No no no......whats the point in risking skin cancer.
Reply 29
Yup
Reply 30
Well choosing to kill yourself rather then have a fake tan because youre not a girl is pretty immature.
Reply 31
tezw
lmao Kill myself, well excuse me, i don't recall killing myself as going on the sunbeds-which is of course my choice. And there are millions who do it.

So because i go on the sunbeds you give me bad rep, what a loser.

Get a grip, sunbeds are a part of culture, looking tanned it good and the UV rays also help in producing hormones which make you feel good. I know an awful lot of people who use sunbeds and none that have had skin cancer.

How many people do you know who have used sunbeds regularly over a prolonged period who don't now have skin like an old leather handbag?!
Reply 32
i didnt neg you but whatever
Reply 33
I have a friend who uses sunbeds regularly and she is the same colour as an oompa loompa with lots of wrinkles and awful skin. She's only 21.

OP - get a spray tan. Sunbeds are a mugs game
Reply 34
im not a troll, but im pretty sure you have ****e skin when your 30.
Reply 35
Do you moisturise daily? Just use the boots moisturiser with the slow tan feature, something like summer glow or something - you get a nice tan developing over days and you get soft skin - sun beds are generally bad for you even more so if you are fair.
Just slap on the fake bake.
Reply 37
In two weeks you'd probably be advised to go for two sessions of 3 mins, two of 5 mins, one of 7mins and one or maybe two of 10 mins, try going every other day. You'll have quite a good colour by the end.

Thats what I did, and I'm pretty pale (see profile pic, I do not have naturally dark hair!). I now go 10mins at a time every week, or when I can be bothered. I'm never going to be dark because I don't tan that well, but its a good enough colour for me.

The staff at tanning salons are quite helpful and usually know there stuff. Obviously its much better to fake it health wise, but its your choice!
Reply 38
Handbags, handbags.. blooming heck this started an argument.

I'm not going to get skin cancer from using a sun bed 5 times (max) at 3 minutes each.
I'm not going to go and get a spray tan, because as a bloke.. that's a really idiotic thing to do, especially if someone found out.
Sunbeds are free at David Lloyd for members.
Reply 39
How is it more manly to use a sunbed :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending