The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What subjects are you doing? Do you go to a private school?
If your subjects are considered soft, you may get a higher offer...
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Well, same college etc...
Alevels are, Maths, Economics and Biology
The other guy i know did the same subjects, but not biology.

They require Maths, which i do!
Reply 3
Akhtar2
Well, same college etc...
Alevels are, Maths, Economics and Biology
The other guy i know did the same subjects, but not biology.

They require Maths, which i do!

It's difficult to see why they gave a higher offer but it may be on the strength of the rest of the application. If your PS is under par but GCSEs are good, they may ask for more to prove yourself.
Reply 4
They offered me BBB, instead of AAB. I guess it comes down to predicted grades, (I was only predicted B B/C C) Perhaps the other boys predicted grades were lower? Or maybe they just prefered his personal statement?

Who knows.
Reply 5
I see, their requirement is BBB on the prospectus.
My GCSE's weren't particularly strong, but my PS and reference were good - better then the guy I'm talking about since i saw his.

I just don't understand why they asked for ABB when their prospectus says BBB and everyone else i know got BBB, and I'm the only one who got ABB.

Edit: My predicted is AAB... I would have asked for lower predicted grades if i was going to get higher offers?
They may want to push you, they may not like you as much. I wouldn't take it as a personal insult.
Bah I can't even apply to them until 26th of Feb, if they want me to get my actually predicted AAA I'll just scream.

That is, if they even offer me a place. :|
Reply 8
I'm annoyed because i chose them as the prospectus said BBB... I would have chosen a better uni if they wanted ABB...

ps... why cant you apply til 26th?
Reply 9
yeh i heard holloway give peeps with lower grades a chance theyre lovely like that im on AAA they gave me AAB
skl
yeh i heard holloway give peeps with lower grades a chance theyre lovely like that im on AAA they gave me AAB

What course? Out of interest.
Reply 11
I'm going to ask my college, I was told they don't ask for more then what the prospectus says...
At the same time,

Even if you don't match up to ABB and get BBB instead. I imagine they'd be lenient on letting you in surely?
Perhaps this is a ploy to get them as firm rather than insurance.
Reply 13
The Lyceum
What course? Out of interest.

thats okay :smile: history hun
skl
thats okay :smile: history hun

Sorry to pick your brains, interesting. I've decided to risk a later application for Classical studies you see, wondering if anybody else had already applied for it.

Good luck. ^^
Reply 15
they also offer me ABB for economics . i thought it was because i just finish As maths not A2 maths. its not unfair , most people got offers ABC/BBB
Reply 16
Ohh, someone else who got an ABB offer...
I'm glad im not the only one, I think they would be lenient if I got BBB because of their prospectus offer.
Thanks for the comments
Akhtar2
I'm annoyed because i chose them as the prospectus said BBB... I would have chosen a better uni if they wanted ABB...

ps... why cant you apply til 26th?

I know how you feel, it's very annoying when the offer is higher than what it says in the prospectus. That's the only reason I applied to birmingham, as the required was ABB/BBB and they gave me an offer as AAB. Oh well, their loss, just means I won't be considering them as firm or insurance
Reply 18
Akhtar2
I got an offer of ABB from royal holloway for economics...
other people doing the same course were offered BBB.
Why do they want higher grades from me?! :frown:

Thanks for any answers

Akhtar2

so where else have you applied to?
e.g. are you now screwed in terms of an insurance option?
Reply 19
I got a conditional offer of ABC . Those are my predicted grades. But I wanna do French and Italian, in most places the grade boundaries are lower for languages then in other subjects....

But RH is definitely gonna be my 1st choice!! Anyone else's?

Latest

Trending

Trending