The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
...I don't think you would get into either with the 'yo ppl wos happenin' attitude, they are both very traditional and conservative places.

As for which is the best...they are each the best in their own country, so how do you compare excellence with excellence?
Reply 2
Harvard is better...its the best in the world really... but its much more expensive. We're much better value for money!
For academia, they're elite, but for clinicals I have no idea.
Reply 4
Niether.

We all know St Christophers is where it's all happening :wink:
Reply 5
mrpatel
yo ppl wos happenin.... is cambridge the best in the planet for doin medicine... or is it harvard.....?

You know, pharmacists train for two years fewer than medics do, and enjoy the added boon of unlimited access to vast repositories of mind-bending chemicals.

'Nuff said?
Reply 6
Profesh
You know, pharmacists train for two years fewer than medics do, and enjoy the added boon of unlimited access to vast repositories of mind-bending chemicals.

'Nuff said?

:rofl:
Reply 7
I don't think you can do undergrad medicine in the US anyway so they can't really be compared that way.
Number6
I don't think you can do undergrad medicine in the US anyway so they can't really be compared that way.

well said no.6, the only one so far with a clue as to the situation. why do people bother commenting on things that they suppose to be the case as opposed to any actual knowledge of
a situation.
Reply 9
I don't see that either is "best in the world". They would only be "best in the world" if they produced doctors who were the "best in the world" rather than producing people with very good degrees.
Sometimes "good doctor" is completely separate to going to a brilliant university, which both of those are.
Reply 10
Mrm.
well said no.6, the only one so far with a clue as to the situation. why do people bother commenting on things that they suppose to be the case as opposed to any actual knowledge of
a situation.

My thanks, Mrm.
Reply 11
Enough of the arguing.

Given that the medical training systems in the UK and the US are totally different, I don't really think you can compare any university with one in the other country effectively. Not to mention the fact there are plenty of people on here who would dispute that Cambridge is even the best one in the UK! :wink:
Reply 12
In all honesty, I would say neither - Johns Hopkins and The Mayo Clinic are better (in my opinion) in research and clinical practice, and are more respected in the 'medical world'. Though obviously that doesn't mean to say that I think Cam or Harvard are the worst in the world.
Reply 13
marchesa, by what date did u have 4 offers?
Reply 14
I'd recommend the University of Leeds Medical School. It never did me any harm. :smile: Morphine?
Reply 15
Vazzyb
marchesa, by what date did u have 4 offers?

Edinburgh was the last to get back to me. Last Wednesday if I remember correctly.

Why?

xx
Reply 16
ah cool - no its just very impressive thats all :biggrin:
Reply 17
the debate still continues................ america rockz!
Reply 18
innnnnnnnnit
Reply 19
Democracy
Niether.

We all know St Christophers is where it's all happening :wink:

Rofl, didn't they close down? According to the bbc website, people have gone on to become surgeons with st chris degrees. Worrying!

Latest

Trending

Trending