graisses
- gress

depit - depp-ee

decennie - dess-en-ee

devraient
- dove-vrair

enseignant on-sign-yon

vaut la peine - vo la pen

Of course I may well be wrong on a few, so hopefully other people will help too (namely a French person!) :smile:
Reply 2
That's right, I wouldn't have said better. ^^
Except maybe for enseignant, you should pronounce "en" like "an" in "can't". Like an-sey-nyan. And "devraient" = duh-vray
Reply 3
ahh thanks you guysss :smile:
Reply 4
You're welcome ^^
Reply 5
Anatheme
That's right, I wouldn't have said better. ^^
Except maybe for enseignant, you should pronounce "en" like "an" in "can't". Like an-sey-nyan. And "devraient" = duh-vray

Ah yes, that would be better.

And grr, I always forget whether it should be 'duh-vrair' or 'duh-vray' etc. Oh, this is a perfect opportunity to ask you as well - '(je) devrai' and '(je) devrais' are pronounced differently right? And how exactly? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
Oh, another one, how would you pronoune 'avantageux'?

Do you just say avantage?

EDIT: Also I'm looking at this sentence, it HAS to be wrong right? What is it meant to be?
Il peut avoir des consequences serieuses pour notre sante.
Reply 7
sak-y

EDIT: Also I'm looking at this sentence, it HAS to be wrong right? What is it meant to be?

Av-on-ta-jeugh (if that makes sense! :p:)

That translates as - 'it can have serious consequences/effects on our health.'
Reply 8
city_chic
Av-on-ta-jeugh (if that makes sense! :p:)

That translates as - 'it can have serious consequences/effects on our health.'

Yeh that's what it's meant to be but i thought you'd have to conjugate 'avoir' :confused: maybe not lol
Reply 9
city_chic
Ah yes, that would be better.

And grr, I always forget whether it should be 'duh-vrair' or 'duh-vray' etc. Oh, this is a perfect opportunity to ask you as well - '(je) devrai' and '(je) devrais' are pronounced differently right? And how exactly? Thanks! :smile:

The difference is so slight you just don't notice it, lol. But in "je devrai" the -ai is more "open" if you know what I mean, like if it was written "je devrè" and "je devrais" like "je devré".

sak-y

"avantageux" : a-van-tah-juh
And the sentence means "It can have serious consequences on our health" and it is correct, or if you want to be perfect, then put "sérieuses" before "conséquences" it is classier :cool:
Reply 10
sak-y
Yeh that's what it's meant to be but i thought you'd have to conjugate 'avoir' :confused: maybe not lol

Nope, lol.

It can have = Cela peut avoir
No need to conjugate the verb as you want to explain something that may/might* happen.

*I have problem with these words, lol, don't know how to use them XD.
Anatheme
The difference is so slight you just don't notice it, lol. But in "je devrai" the -ai is more "open" if you know what I mean, like if it was written "je devrè" and "je devrais" like "je devré".

Ah right, okay then. Because whenever I'm using one of them in oral sessions with a French native, I always think 'does she understand whether I mean the conditional or future?' :p: Thanks! :smile:

Oh, also, the 'dev' is always pronounced more like 'duv,' right? :/

sak-y

Noo, no. After a conjugated verb, like 'peut' or 'avons' or 'font' you always have an infinitive. So it'll always be 'peut avoir' or 'peut faire' etc. :smile:

Edit; if that's what you were confused about? :\
Reply 12
city_chic
Ah right, okay then. Because whenever I'm using one of them in oral sessions with a French native, I always think 'does she understand whether I mean the conditional or future?' :p: Thanks! :smile:

Oh, also, the 'dev' is always pronounced more like 'duv,' right? :/

Yep !
And I think that she knows which tense you use thanks to the rest of your sentence.
Anatheme
Yep !
And I think that she knows which tense you use thanks to the rest of your sentence.

Merci :smile:
Oh yes, I suppose so. Or simply just by the context in what I'm saying.
Reply 14
ahh i seee. i didn't know that!

I need some help on how you pronounce these as well:

pression

fumer

fument

geste

anxieux

sentent

accueillie
pression - press-ee-on

fumer
- fyoo-may

fument - fyoom

geste - jest (the 'j' sound as in the same as 'jeugh')

anxieux - anks-ee-eugh

sentent
- sont

accueillie - better leave this one to Anatheme :p:
Reply 16
press-yon
fu-may (I don't know how to translate -u but it doesn't exist in English)
fum
jay-st
an-kssee-uh
sant (T is pronounced, lol)
ak-uh-yee
Reply 17
I found some new words i can't pronounce!

- ivres

- astueieuse

-promouvoient

-tromper

-haleine

merci:smile:
Reply 18
- ivres - ee-vr

- astueieuse - do you mean astucieuse? In which case, as-too-see-erse

- promouvoient - prom-oo-vwah

- tromper - tromp-ay

- haleine - a-len

:smile: (I'm not saying these are all right though - feel free to correct me!)
Reply 19
astucieuse : ass-too-see-uhz

eu = uh (actually, the sound is a bit more "close", but it's the best equivalent)