The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One problem with having a low attendance is the fact that employers will look at it and think you are a massive skiver, so you may find it difficult to get a job.
Reply 41
wiwarin_mir
One problem with having a low attendance is the fact that employers will look at it and think you are a massive skiver, so you may find it difficult to get a job.

just dont show them your attendance record. say you've lost it. bet they dont care that much. everyone skived school before.
Reply 42
hey just got my report card today and found my attendance was 89% wooo pretty chuffed about that myself since I have took sooo many days off recently with moving house and having the flu :smile:
Reply 43
My attendance was :smile::smile::smile::smile:e mainly because of how serious my hobby became during year 10 and 11, and through to year 12, it took over and generally when i could go, i didn't feel like it. Oh, and i hated certain things with a burning passion, so i stayed in bed.
vavavoom86
just dont show them your attendance record. say you've lost it. bet they dont care that much. everyone skived school before.

But what about when you need to get a referance from school and the person giving it is asked for your attendence?
Reply 45
my brother never went,

whats the point in turning out for a couple of lessons and sometimes he had no lessons at all, and they expected you to go.

But, who would work if they were in a room full of all there friends with music going, you'd be mad enough to work!lol.

so he just went home = pore attendance
Reply 46
hey wat was ur hobbie I am a bit similar with my dancing I am constantly there and when it comes to skool I am usually just soo tired or I had an audtition or sumit??
Reply 47
ive been to all my lessons this year!!!

whats the point of lying?....i havent missed THAT many though :redface:
lol it doesnt matter if you know everything before going to the lesson :biggrin: so i am taking time off school for 2 weeks.
Reply 49
vavavoom86
they have chosen to stay in education simply because they are now get paid £30 a week just for turn up to school!!! :mad:

one of my mates are getting that just because their parents can't prove their income which is annoying. His dad owns his own company so he is already rich but can't prove his income. He always turns up for school anyway so he is getting money that he doesn't need.
My attendance so far has been 100%- it has to be cos I get £20 a week EMA :biggrin: but even if I didn't, I'd go to all my lessons anyway. I don't see the point of people staying in education when they don't have to if they're just gonna skive all the time. I think the EMA is the reason why Year 12 now has such good attendance in the morning though. The Year 13s don't get it, so they don't really bother registering.
Reply 51
does anybody else's teacher ring up if they miss a lesson? i find this bizarre!
Reply 52
Last year I had about 90% attendence but this year it seems to have dropped to about 70% :redface:
I only miss the pointless days (i.e. prizegiving), or when I'm ill or if I have some kind of appointment.

So this term I was ill a couple of days, missed prize giving, had an interview at a 6th form...

I don't like missing school and take my work seriously.
In lower sixth my attendance was appalling.Well,it was good for the first month then it was something like 74%.I just took advantage of the fact I could miss lessons and not get punished for it,unlike at my school.I went a bit mad on the freedom I think!

This year it's more like 94%.I've been ill with a viral infection and slept in a couple of times but apart from that I try and go to every lesson.I got a bit of a shock when I got my AS level results and decided I better get my act together!
In our school, you have to swipe your card through a machine in order to register. The problem is that the machine is always on the blink. I probably have 0%.

Latest

Trending

Trending