The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ironic_
However I know that girls like to play what is percieved as mind games sometimes, and so there may be hope for you yet (we haven't observed the situation, so we can't say for sure). Maybe she likes you, but has given up hope that you like her and so came out with that comment because she thinks you've picked up on her liking you and wants to save face, I don't know. That's the only reason I can think of i'd use that line and not mean it.

Ignore this. Crush that leach-like hope. Mind games usually stem around trying to make the guy jealous, not trying to see whether thy have an incest fetish.

I'm with englishstudent and Toy Soldier. It's over. Don't tell her how you feel; it's pointless.

Hah, now wouldn't it be a fun coincidence if she was actually talking about the OP?
Reply 22
in some sense the whole brother thing can mean that she copletely wouldnt consider anything romantic with you, as i have said that to guys who i think might lke me but i dont fancy them so want to keep them as friends...

however, i was friends with this boy for about 6 months and all of that time i didnt fancy him at all, but really enjoyed his company and liked him a lot as a person. i had a feeling he might fancy me but i didnt fancy him back when having a deep conversation said he was like my big brother. he kissed a girl when i was at the club with him and i didnt mind, really, just felt awkward as i didnt know anyone else. i talked about other boys in front of him so that he wouldnt get the wrong idea.
then as time went on i grew to fancy him and we ended up getting together. (he's now my ex cos he turned out to be quite a ****** but that's beside the point.) this gal's feelings might change. and relationships built from friendships are the best kind i think

... but it's possible she will only ever see you as a brother type so i hope i havent got your hopes up unnecessarily
Reply 23
*Katie*
Ignore this. Crush that leach-like hope. Mind games usually stem around trying to make the guy jealous, not trying to see whether thy have an incest fetish.

I'm with englishstudent and Toy Soldier. It's over. Don't tell her how you feel; it's pointless.

It is perefctly valid to say that she could have said it to save herself perceived embarrassment if she believed he knew she liked him and didn't reciprocate. It's not likely, but it's possible. I personally would prefer to try and diffuse the situation by pretending I never liked him anyway (thus using the 'brother' line) but that's just me.

Anyway I agree with you, in all probability there is no hope.
Totally over mate. You're deep into the friend zone and there's pretty much no hope of getting out of it. The good thing is you can let her introduce you to her fit single mates.

Oh and make sure she doesn't think you're gay too.
Reply 25
Ditch this bitch...move on.
Think it's pretty much game over there mate :s-smilie:. Comments like that usually mean you've left it too late and you're in the "friend" zone. I wouldn't pursue you'll ruin what you already have.

Sorry to be harsh, but i was in the same situation and know how it works :frown:
First things first, it is likely true the guy has more feelings at this time then the girl. Why is because he has not been clear in his intentions, its not common for the girl to be decisive but it is for the guy. So my friend the guy needs to be upfront with his intentions and make it clear he does like her and how the dynamics changed. Any girl who sits here and admits or states he should hold back his feelings demonstrates a selfish streak and desire to keep a man in her pocket, you need to be clear with her. Also, something that is being missed here is that we love our family, we respect them and we think the world of them, if a girl calls a man like a brother then it means she does feel very strongly for them, but has for whatever reason chosen to try and block those feelings from becoming something more, We have heard many women on here state it stems from a fear of losing the guy as a friend, yet with no consideration as to whether such a dynamic could blossom into something greater. The women here have a sense of FOMO which is understandable, losing the predictable for something that could end badly, perhaps the issue is adopting the negative and failing to weight in the positive - that this is a guy you really click with and could easily fall deeply for. The other thing is what brought her to say that is you have never been upfront in those feelings, be confident in how you feel and if on this occasion you are crushed, take it in the stride, be consistent in the message and with time as you change the dynamic the feelings will grow. I know women to have said similar and it changed, they are still married to those guys. It is pretty in sensitive of some of the chat to treat this as well as blowing off steam, it is evidentially not that as I would imagine they know the difference between the feelings of lust and love but perhaps they are still inexperienced. Brother - do not give the words much thought, there are many reasons either gender comes out with these words, be true to your feelings and embrace them, it is better for your life as a whole and know where these feelings stem from. Whether you sees you as a brother is irrelevant as you are not related by blood which means it will never be incest it is just about changing perspectives.
Brother zoned lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending