University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
hope not.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
What sort of thing? The Cavern and the Hub in town are both pretty good at hosting bands from that kind of genre, and a fair few come to campus - we've had all kinds of bands. Rock/metal is pretty broad so I'm not sure what kind of thing exactly! But the music scene is a LOT more diverse than I expected, it was definitely a nice surprise! I wouldn't say many people are overt metallers or whatever, but there are a fair amount of people who like that kind of music - there's RocSoc, I believe.
Reply 3
CTurbinado
hope not.

I second that.
Go to York if you want that
Reply 4
supercat
there are a fair amount of people who like that kind of music - there's RocSoc, I believe.

How many like in percentage? And how many of them are true metallers/rockers?
Reply 5
Eek, I have no idea as to a percentage. And what do you mean by 'true' metallers/rockers?! I really couldn't say.

However, if that's what you're into, I'm sure you'd find people who share that interest. I like all sorts of music and am perfectly satisfied.
Reply 6
eDDeboo
I second that.
Go to York if you want that

or to Scotland or Ireland, as long as its far away from Exeter, its ok.
Reply 7
^ lets not be too prejudice now.
Reply 8
lol why do you hate people like that so much? what do you listen to? Rihanna and Britney?
I listen to anything thats good... my music taste is really wide and open, from techno to even death metal like Cradle of Filth... I'm hoping to meet people like that too, someone who is really into rock/metal music and it means a lot to them (like to me), but it doesn't have to be the only music they listen to.

I just found out on the website that there is a Rock society... does anyone belong to it?
Reply 9
If you really wanted to listen to good music you'd listen to classical music, that's endured for many centuries. Not crappy rock music that'll be dead and gone in a few years' time. Cradle of Filth? Come on :p:
Reply 10
Why do you people have to insult alternative music??

Cradle is amazing, if you don't like it that's fine, just don't trash it.

Jesus... are all people at Exeter like this? I'd thought at least Angelil, who's always made the best comments would be against trashing one's music tastes, despite not liking it... pfff. Really.

This is not what I was expecting (though perhaps it should've been since all I hear about Exeter is how posh it is, and that there are mostly snobs, chavs and whatnot, who probably listen to crappy cheesy pop tunes). I wish I never asked.
Reply 11
There's liking music and there's having an unrealistic estimation of what it actually is. You can love rock music as much as you like but there's no point in putting it in the bracket of stuff that will last so much longer. I like some folk music and things too but I at least have a realistic view of how they fit into the overall context of music, in terms of how long they will last in the public consciousness and so on.

If you can't accept criticism then don't go to university - it's a diverse place...
Reply 12
Ladytoxic, Cradle of Filth played in the Lemmy last academic year. So yes.

Everyone, chill out. People like different things. Get over your differences, seriously. It's not a big deal. At all.
Reply 13
All the mini-metalers at my college are grungy and wear too much black which isn't very pleasing to my eye. Not saying all people into death metal etc don't wash.

I have to agree with Angelil on this one. I think music is all about appreciation.
I personally listen to a lot of classical, trance, punk (70's, 80's stuff. Not ****ty Blink 182 etc), ska and soul (preferably northern).
Reply 14
Hey... of course I'm expecting diversity and critisism... that's one of the attractions of being in the university environment, learning different things from people of different backgrounds with different views.. I have no doubt I'll come across a lot of criticism in many aspects of my life, and that's good. It'll all be a good learning process.

And why should I accept such critisism, I'll debate if I want to. I don't do this with everything, I can accept constructive critisism, but not from someone who just calls my taste in music 'crappy', so ignorantly.

I just didn't expect this kind of "intolerance" towards something like music, especially not in England. I'd expect something like that here in Poland, but in England, where there is such an increadible mix of different people with various backgrounds and interests? It's just a bit surprising.
Reply 15
Most people won't care what music you like, really. They might tease you and say it's rubbish but ultimately it's not going to stop them being friends with you. Don't worry about it.
Reply 16
I'm not:wink:
Dude, wtf is wrong with people in this post?

When I was down there I saw some ads for some metal nights and stuff, I dunno how metal they are b'cus I've been into the industrial scene for a while now - and there ain't much of that down there I can tell you. EDM,IDM,EBM,TribalFusion, Acid beats, Psy Trance, JUNGLE none. NONE. *cries*

;_;

There'll be metal wherever you go :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending