The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
choose the 1 that u like
Reply 2
Course?
Reply 3
Well that's the thing... I really like them both!
I've tried comparing the two, but I really can't make my mind up!

It's to do English!
Reply 4
I would go for Sheffield personally, would you rather be in the North, or near London? That's the easiest way to choose. They'll both be good departments.
Well, two main differences that spring to mind.

RHUL is an isolated campus, but with good links to London.

Sheffield is a city university, near the centre I believe.

I would pick whichever location/course you prefer. Note: My sister is at RHUL doing English, and loving it!
Reply 6
Rhul
Reply 7
Well I love RH cos of it's London links... cos I love London... but I really liked Sheffield too... hmmm!
Reply 8
Jhawkins
Well I love RH cos of it's London links... cos I love London... but I really liked Sheffield too... hmmm!

Sheffield's Student Union and nightlife are great.

Although, I know RH nightlife will be good because it's in London.

Personally I'd choose Sheffield because I prefer it, plus it's a lot cheaper to live in sheffield and go out on a night.
Reply 9
_Mazza_

Although, I know RH nightlife will be good because it's in London.

It's not.
Reply 10
Tomber
It's not.

I second this.

Egham is in Surrey - the part of Surrey being outside Greater London. Therefore, Royal Holloyway which is in Egham, is not in London.
Reply 11
MGT_90
I second this.

Egham is in Surrey - the part of Surrey being outside Greater London. Therefore, Royal Holloyway which is in Egham, is not in London.

Well another plus for Sheffield then :biggrin:
Reply 12
Sheffield absolutely, great city, amazing nightlife and beautiful scenery around. And Manchester/Leeds just up the road. Not that hard to get back to London either by megabus.
Definitely Sheffield!!! I'm in my second here and love it!!

Plus we kicked arse in university challenge last night!!

No, in all seriousness, just go for another visit to both, I assume you''re either on half term or will be soon. Use the weeks off to have a good nose at both and get a feel of each one, then make a decision.
Reply 14
Yeh I'm on half term now.. going to Sheffield Friday and RH sometime in March. I suppose then I will have to make my mind up... thanks for your comments btw :smile:
Reply 15
Rhul.
I'm not sure, while RHUL would be the better degree, consider that Sheffield is in a city. This would make a big difference to a lot of people.
Reply 17
RHUL is lovely. Sheffield is a top uni. Tough call me old mucka!
Reply 18
Reblet
RHUL is lovely. Sheffield is a top uni. Tough call me old mucka!

Yorkshire talk!

Ar tha doin then our mucka?

I think Sheffield would be more fun, and it's still a good university (red brick).

Plus we're all friendly up here in Yorkshire. :biggrin: Tha'll ave a rite laugh!
Reply 19
Haha. ^^^ I think for that reason you should go to Sheffield.

Latest

Trending

Trending