The Student Room Group

Any decent spring/work experince placemnets around for FIRST YEARS?

It seems it is best to get into this career hunting business as soon as possible. I am a first year computer science student in London.
I want to do a placement (preferably spring, but maybe summer) with a recognised firm. (The kind that stands out on your CV).

Towards the end of the year I was looking at applying to BIG 4 and IB firms. Though never had time due to exams etc etc. I did however manage to apply to one Big 4 firm and one placement with my university, both of which I got rejections from.

So now I am thinking most placements deadlines have passed for these types of firms, and even SEO which I wanted to apply to.
So any advice and headsup on applications that deadlines have not yet past or you are currently applying to would be great.

Thanks,

SnS
Reply 1
Go to the IB section mate...
If you'd like to use your computer science and have excellent A-levels, we (Data Connection) offer first-year internships in software development. We're not a household name, but we've been ranked one of the top 10 firms to work for in the UK for the past few years, so we definitely stand out on a CV.

We recruit all year round. We tend to ask for a minimum of 8 weeks, which would mean summer, but we have taken folks in the Easter break before, so it could be worth a try.

Latest

Trending

Trending