The Student Room Group

Being felt up in clubs

Scroll to see replies

squeak
did your mother never tell you to look and not touch?

im not saying thats what i do i am just giving an explantion to why people may do it....
ibbibeast2
how many people do you know that can have a civilised conversation when drunk???

which is exactly why going out can not be fun because you get some tossers who can't control their drink and get abusive.
No, it's not an excuse, and no, they're not asking for it.

What worries me is that some men are aready repying saying that they are asking for it and probably deserve it. Let me tell you, avoiding any confusion or crossed wires: no it's not ok, and you're a pest if you do it.
Reply 23
ibbibeast2
how many people do you know that can have a civilised conversation when drunk???

a civil conversation might not be appropriate, but the man could at least introduce himself, or get the consent to touch this girl. otherwise it's essentially sexual assault. heh.
i am by no means condoning the groping of girls without consent.......just the way it is with some people...
Reply 25
revolutionchild
Sorry if there's been threads on this before

Do you think, if a girl goes out clubbing, perhaps wearing a short skirt or lowish top, she is asking to be felt up? Maybe not even if wearing provocative clothes - just normal? I only ask because where I'm at uni, it seems that in all of our clubs the guys seem to think they can just walk up to a girl and grope her, and she won't mind.

I don't really drink, especially not in clubs (just don't like being out and drunk) but I do love to dance, so do go out quite a bit. Usually the group of friends I go with often pull random people (which I don't have a problem with) but it does mean I either dance by myself or have to find someone to dance with - but this really shouldn't the impression that I'm out on the pull! And yes - sometimes I do wear short skirts / sexy clothes out - because I like to, and it makes it more like night out!

I'm not really looking for a solution to this, as drunk boys will be drunk boys - but just the question - by going out to a club and dancing, do you think a girl can complain if she ends up getting groped?

It just happens really, guys think when they're drunk that we won't care, but we do, last night i got groped and chatted up by the clubs mascot - a giant gorilla. not impressed! :eek:
squeak
a civil conversation might not be appropriate, but the man could at least introduce himself, or get the consent to touch this girl. otherwise it's essentially sexual assault. heh.

i agree. i wasn't advocating a civil conversation or anything remotely intellectual/deep. just a bit of politeness, as squeak says by introducing themselves and getting consent and polite chitchat. you can also dance with a girl/guy without even having to start groping/touching, it's not difficult.
angelpie
I dont think it has anything to do with what a girl wears. A woman has every right to wear what she wants without being harassed. But, I do think it has something to do with the way they carry themselves. Unless a girl is proper buttas at some point shes gonna get felt up-that doesnt make it okay though-its not right. Btw when i say the way they carry themselves for example does anyone remember big brother 7 with Aisleyne and Imogen? They both walked around wearing practically nothing but Imogen never had issues like Aisleyne with Spiral disrespecting her. Something about Imogen commanded respect-funny how she was the one with the sex tape lol :biggrin:

No, some of us have lives and don't watch such trash.

And to the OP: Where I live the clubs tend to be ok, not too many blokes randomly feeling up girls. There are a couple that have a bad rep for it though, interestingly enough they're frequented by 40 year old Polish men who like nothing better than feeling up 18 year old students.
Reply 28
SmilerNuts
No, some of us have lives and don't watch such trash.

I was about 15...so sue me:rolleyes:
My point was that sometimes it is down to the way some girls carry themselves, not how they look on a night out. Besides Ive heard that some guys feel too intimidated to approach really good looking girls in clubs cause they assume they will be bitches.
Use your fists ladies; it's only the thing the dirty rotten scroundrels will understand.

It's bad if they are drunk and do it but in my oppinion it's the guys that act drunk and target drunk girls which do my ****ing head in.

Honestly, I can't help myself but tell them to **** off even their doing it to a girl I don't know. Some would say, usually the dirty bastards themselves, that it would be upto the girl to say no/ fend them off but if she's clearly steaming and out of the game, so to speak, then how can she?
Reply 30
What about guys getting felt up?! Ive had my arse pinched loads of times in clubs (admittedly, its a ****ing nice arse) but what to do? Turn round and see who did it, which is never much good because the girls always ae too shy to make it known who of the group did it, or just walk on by and seem rude?

As for the women, seems a bit low for me, and last time I tried it the girl (whome I knew but wasnt friends with) went off on one in front of my mates and funny enough ive never done it again. :biggrin:
Reply 31
angelpie
I was about 15...so sue me:rolleyes:
My point was that sometimes it is down to the way some girls carry themselves, not how they look on a night out. Besides Ive heard that some guys feel too intimidated to approach really good looking girls in clubs cause they assume they will be bitches.

From my experience of talking to lad mates, they wouldn't approach a good looking girl because they wouldn't want the embarrassment of being rejected. (unless you mean they would be bitches for rejecting guys in which case..we're making the same point, part from I don;t think it makes them bitches ha :p: *shuts up*)
Reply 32
Allthewayhome
Use your fists ladies; it's only the thing the dirty rotten scroundrels will understand.

It's bad if they are drunk and do it but in my oppinion it's the guys that act drunk and target drunk girls which do my ****ing head in.

Honestly, I can't help myself but tell them to **** off even their doing it to a girl I don't know. Some would say, usually the dirty bastards themselves, that it would be upto the girl to say no/ fend them off but if she's clearly steaming and out of the game, so to speak, then how can she?

like I said...I did. but he followed me out the club and told me he found it a turn on. :mad:
Reply 33
squeak
From my experience of talking to lad mates, they wouldn't approach a good looking girl because they wouldn't want the embarrassment of being rejected. (unless you mean they would be bitches for rejecting guys in which case..we're making the same point, part from I don;t think it makes them bitches ha :p: *shuts up*)

Yep thats what i meant, we are making the same point:smile:
Reply 34
To be honest if I saw a girl dancing, on her own, provocatively, in sexy skimpy clothing, in the middle of the dance floor, I would think she was out on the pull, and I'd imagine most other boys and girls would to.

I personally wouldn't go and start groping her and that, I was raised to look and not touch (unless invited :wink: ), but I can understand why other boys would. I mean around here that is pretty much an invitation to go and do so anyway, and I can't imagine it's much different in the other clubs around England.
Reply 35
Im sure many men were raised to look and not touch, but they use alcohol as an excuse to do so. Some arent even drunk, they lie!!!
To be honest you could be showing very little flesh and still end up being felt up.
Reply 37
its just testosterone..
Cj-Tj
What about guys getting felt up?! Ive had my arse pinched loads of times in clubs (admittedly, its a ****ing nice arse) but what to do? Turn round and see who did it, which is never much good because the girls always ae too shy to make it known who of the group did it, or just walk on by and seem rude?
Amen
I had a right go at a girl who touched my bum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending