The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

RV15 French and Philosophy at UCL

Hey everyone,

I've been invited to a Philosophy Open day tomorrow at UCL by the French Department - and in the letter they've explained about the philosophy lecture, essay, and logic test etc.

They've also said that afterwards I'd get a chance to meet the French staff of UCL and visit the department .... and what I was wondering was whether this will this involve an interview with the french members of staff? does anyone else who's also applying for RV15 know?

Thanks a lot
Reply 1
i will be next year.. what was it like??? do i have a chance getting in with four A* four A BBC (sciences) at GCSE and AAAAB at AS? (in hist, eng lit, art, politics and french)

its just its hard to know what the real standards are like as oppose to what is stated on a prospectus! thanks
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Right well I didn't apply for that but I did apply for philosophy and if I remember correctly the philosophy department make all the decisions about admissions - this means that the french department shouldn't really have a say so if you do have an interview I think it will just be informal. Don't hold me to that, I haven't really been much help actually.. the philosophy test is probably the main deciding factor though.

Oh and J-OD I should think you definitely have a chance.. I got just about the same grades as you and I got an offer and I think french and philosophy is less competitive than straight philosophy - unless that B is in french? That might be a problem
Reply 3
johnbrown
Right well I didn't apply for that but I did apply for philosophy and if I remember correctly the philosophy department make all the decisions about admissions - this means that the french department shouldn't really have a say so if you do have an interview I think it will just be informal. Don't hold me to that, I haven't really been much help actually.. the philosophy test is probably the main deciding factor though.

Oh and J-OD I should think you definitely have a chance.. I got just about the same grades as you and I got an offer and I think french and philosophy is less competitive than straight philosophy - unless that B is in french? That might be a problem

nah i already have an A2 A in French, but i want it to be a higher A so i will resubmit CW or something.
thanks for your help...

will i be disadvantaged if i havent dont a level phil n ethics??
Reply 4
No not at all

It wouldn't disadvantage you to do it though either, if you enjoy it go for it (or is it too late now)

But it doesn't matter anyways. The course seems really different from phil and ethics (which I don't do anyways)

Latest

Trending

Trending