The Student Room Group
University of York
York
slugonamission
Is anyone here coming to the computer science interview day this Saturday? I should be showing a few people around, just look for someone with badge with Jamie written on it :smile:

I shall be going, with my parents. I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you know what the interview's like?
University of York
York
Reply 2
Not too much, it was over a year ago I did mine :p:

Basically, just a place for you to ask questions, the usual "why computer science", "why York" kinda thing, and a technical question I think...
slugonamission
Not too much, it was over a year ago I did mine :p:

Basically, just a place for you to ask questions, the usual "why computer science", "why York" kinda thing, and a technical question I think...

I might stumble on the technical question, as I didn't do any sort of Computing qualification at college, only Maths.
Reply 4
they won't ask you a technical question that relies on previous computing knowledge if you don't have any. They'll probably ask you a maths or logic question in that case :smile:

slugonamission, were you on the 20th Jan interview day last year? I was at that :smile:
Reply 5
Can't remember TBH, think it was early December
Reply 6
I'll be on the Q&A panel and will be demonstrating some hardware tomorrow (probably the first year project) - good luck with your interview Alex, try not to worry about it too much and enjoy the day (particularly the free lunch!).

- Chris P

Latest

Trending

Trending