The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's possible to have all 4 rejections for medicine or even 5 in your other course you applied for... Sad truth :frown: :frown: I'm sorry you got rejections! how many?
Reply 2
Only about 50% of applicants to medicine get any offers at all, so I wouldn't feel too bad about it - I don't think TSR reflects the entire cross-section of students applying to medicine. (i.e. I think those who get offers post and those that don't tend to stay more quiet!)
Reply 3
nothing either way as of yet.
Reply 4
Nothing yet...
no offers =/ just rejections lol, working on kings :p: wish me luck :smile:
The stats are normally around 60% getting 4 rejections, so don't worry yet. I think it's been said before that applicants on TSR do a lot better than the general population, simply because by talking to current med students and other applicants you do end up learning a lot more about medical school etc and therefore do better at interview; plus just by being on TSR it kinda shows that you're proactive about this. I think what I'm trying to say is that it does seem like everyone on TSR has offers, if not multiple offers, but TSR doesn't represent the applicant population at large, so there are tons of people out there with rejections piling up that don't feel like advertising it online.

There's still plenty of time left for you to get interviews/ offers. Relax, and worry about the four-rejection scenario when/ if it actually happens :smile:
2 Rejections and a waiting list. Don't worry. Last year 22, 000 odd applicants with 8, 000 places. It's hard!
Reply 8
No offers, no rejections, just interviews
vadzy you'll be ok stop fretting :biggrin: x
Reply 10
2 interview, 1 rejection,1 pending...

Not everyone gets offers!
Reply 11
dont_trust_busdrivers
2 Rejections and a waiting list. Don't worry. Last year 22, 000 odd applicants with 8, 000 places. It's hard!

22000???...medschool online said around 62000
Reply 12
I must admit, I really don't think I would have stood a chance of getting an interview/offer if I hadn't known about this site. First of all, I would have no comparison of grades compared to other medics. I always thought mine weren't good enough, and admitedly they are nothing to shout about but I do have an offer so I think confidence plays a key role. Lots of people apply to Medicine "willy nilly" and their heart isn't really in it or they're just doing it 'cos it's a good thing to do. That's not to say that many people who would make brilliant doctors and who are very able get 4 rejections also. Medicine is very, very harsh. Secondly, if I hadn't known about this site I would have probably applied to completely different Medical schools without any knowledge of their "real" requirements. So my point is the poeple on here do know what they're talking about and most of them (hopefully all) have had real experiences and are passing down their wise knowledge to the young. TSR is a place to shout out your grades and be praised for them so you can be even more competetaive with the next person, not somewhere where people sympathise with the "intellectually weak." (woahhhh too much Darwin) So I doubt people with 4 rejections will come on here to give everyone else an ego boost. There have been so many times I have come on TSR comparing myself though where I have wanted to cry (I know , contradiction to previous comment but hey, different context) and I really have tried to stop myself from doing it but I can't because I just had to know! It's human nature really. The point is, TSR isn't representative and you shouldn't think of this place as a clear representation. I don't know your exact situation but there is still time and I really do wish you good luck!
^What she said lol :biggrin:^
Reply 14
Alex L
^What she said lol :biggrin:^

Dude, you could have at least QUOTED me!

:p:
34 person

gah.... happy now???
34 person

Yeh but, the effort! Hope you're doubly happy now then!
Nope, I'm waiting for all four. Had three interviews.
1 interview, 1 rejection, 1 waiting list, 1 unknown....

quite a mixed bag really...
Miss_Scarlett
1 interview, 1 rejection, 1 waiting list, 1 unknown....

quite a mixed bag really...

I think you've got one of every possibility. Mixed bag is a understatement.

Latest

Trending

Trending