The Student Room Group
Reply 1
How about the social problems the massive increase in housing prices/rents will cause? Break up of working class/immigrant communities and the moving in of the richer city pofessionals etc.
Reply 2
ajr27
Im in my second year doing human geography Social Sciences with economics and thinking of a dissertation topic for my third year. I was thinking of researching something on the regeneration of Stratford and the East End as part of the 2012 Olympics, anyone have any ideas of anything more specific? I was wondering which aspects I could focus on as the event has not taken place yet and so no impacts as such. Thank you!

:p:

Physical Geography FTW :p:
Reply 3
Minardi, you are a ****ing ******. That is all.
Reply 4
Fields
Minardi, you are a ****ing ******. That is all.

Dude, sense of humour mate. We're at it all the time around the department. :biggrin:
Reply 5
ajr27
Im in my second year doing human geography and thinking of a dissertation topic for my third year. I was thinking of researching something on the regeneration of Stratford and the East End as part of the 2012 Olympics, anyone have any ideas of anything more specific? I was wondering which aspects I could focus on as the event has not taken place yet and so no impacts as such. Thank you!

The first thing you'd need to do is think about the theoretical viewpoint you're going to be approaching it from, really.

Obviously the issue of regeneration and the olympics could be looked at from a whole load of angles - you could take a structuralist approach and analyse it as part of globalisation. Or get all post-modern and start talking about culture and the discourses through which the olympics and their impacts are represented. Or you could look at social exclusion and the impacts of urban renewal. Amongst a plethora of possible examples.

Once you know where you're coming at it from, then you can work out the specifics of what research you'd be wanting to do, and the evidence to gather, etc :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending