The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My study leave starts 3 or 4 days after the first exam, which is Religious Studies. I got the exam timetable for my school somewhere, can't find it for exact dates...

Some of the teachers are trying to get it brought forward because "it will be better for us". HA! More like it means they have less lessons to teach.

I disagree with study leave, because I know almost 80% of my year won't bother to spend as much time revising as compared to what they would be doing if still in school.
Hmm monkey, it's not always the time revising, it's how you revise.

I know I revise best alone, listening to music or with TV on in background, often curled up in bed! In class revision sucks for me.

Found out thursday that my religious studies exam is 14th :frown: Sucks, IDK how I'll do at it :eek:
wrong forum.
Reply 43
Last day May 9th, first exam May the 12th!! WOOHOO! =/

We had our oral exams a few weeks ago which is good :smile:

xx
My study leave starts on 9th May, and first 'written' exam is Spanish Listening on 15th May. French and Spanish orals are before that though, in last week of April/first weke of May.
Reply 45
My schools leaving study leave till the weekend before May 16th then I have my first GCSE Exam of 2008....RE! :frown: 2 Hours
Reply 46
Last year my study leave started in May 16th, and by that point I'd already had my French and German orals, and my French/German listening exams. :p: I wouldn't worry about finishing quite late though; the lessons you have closest to the exams are often very helpful, and a good way to answer any questions you might have, or calm any last minute nerves! :smile:
Reply 47
Mine starts around the 12th of May, French orals 30th April... Grr D:
Reply 48
it's a joke- they've just told us that study leave is CANCELLED because they don't believe the under-achievers are actually going to do a stitch of revision. completely takes the piss out of top-set kids who are gonna find in-class revision impossible. I was really feeling more relaxed about the prospect of being able to do last minute revision at my own pace and style, with freedom over breaktimes, clothes etc.

originally it wasn't much better- study leave would start 16th may but I have latin on 13th, RS on 14th, Latin on 15th and italian on 16th.
then I have an exam or TWO every day from then until the 11th June (not counting half term).

life is over until the 12th June :frown:
Reply 49
mine starts 30th april !!
Reply 50
*jealous*
so much.
Reply 51
i think myn is as late as 23rd of may:mad: and before that i have 4 blooody exams!
as you can tell im quite mad its rather late:biggrin:
Reply 52
this year it is mucked up becuase easter was so early
Reply 53
mine starts on May 13th,
physics exam on the 12th though :s-smilie:!!

at least drama is out of the way now :biggrin:

xxx
My study leave starts at 1:45pm on Friday May 16th. The whole year has an exam taht afternoon which starts at 1:30pm, so study leave starts 15 minutes into our exam! First exam is May 15th, and some people have an exam the morning of May 16th.
Reply 55
This post is so successful :smile: I am so happy...

Anyway, sorry that makes me sounds really sad...

Mine starts on May 13th, as said before, but i am not sure if i have school on the 13th or not :s-smilie:
Reply 56
I'm not sure, i think 23rd ish of may... thats if we have study leave.
Reply 57
first exam for me is really my French AS Oral on the 1st of May i think (argh) but first written will be Latin on the 12th of may (arghargh)
study leave starts may 14th, cannot wait, proper long summer!
why are GCSEs so early this year?
mine are finished by 12th of June, i swear they're supposed to go on from the beginning - end of june not mid may - mid june??
:s-smilie:
Mine starts on the 19th May but i've got french orals on 1st/2nd May, Additional maths on the 13th May, RS on the 14th and another Maths paper on the 19th. ARR. It's annoying that they haven't given us longer but I agree it's probably because of the easter holidays that the dates have had to be changed around a lot.
Reply 59
There's always exams before half term
Although I think because of the early easter the exams are taking place slightly earlier than usual
But as I said there are always some before the half term in may

Latest