The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid?

Scroll to see replies

annab1684
I don't want to sound stupid, but what is mystery shopping?

Its when a company wants info on how well all their shops are doing. So they pay you to visit it pretending to be a customer. You have to ask certain questions and see if the staff can answer and check if its clean and that kind of thing and then fill out a sheet on loads of stuff.
xx
Reply 61
i earn £0.01 a week for 18 hours...

...i bet your all jealous with my super high pay lol
addagrrr8
i earn £0.01 a week for 18 hours...

...i bet your all jealous with my super high pay lol

What do you do?
Some kind of volenteer work?
Or was that a joke..
xx
Reply 63
I work for BMB menswear, they do the suits for loads of places, unfortunately I work at the bottom of the company in Burton! I'm on £5.60 per hours plus commission (which is often nothing on ready made suits as its 0.5% on everything you take over £1091, can't count money taken on days off etc) and 5% on everything I do on formal hire (this week I made £130 commission on hire wear, most I've EVER done!!)

So the money can be better than being on a higher pay band, or it can be much worse!
Reply 64
im the CEO of Tesco lol
I did get £6.06 from M&S as a part-time 17-year-old.
i know there's another thread on this exact thing somewhere.but to indulge you, i work at a delivery & logistics company's call centre, i work 20hrs/week (4hrs/day) and get paid £7.24/hr. i'm 19.
jus-mi
awwwwwwwwww bbz i work at bhs to and i get £6.60....but im 18...even b4 i was 18 i got paid £5.47 working at bhs as well ......they are ripping you of...i swear £4 is like the minimum wage anyways???..and i work sundays only!!

thanks for the sympathy, i probably am being ripped off :smile: apparently they have levels of training or something at bhs and when you get to that level, your pay goes up! but i'm not sure :confused:
Reply 68
umm nah..your pay should goes up every october!!...not long to go now
Reply 69
I am 18 and get £9.81 per hour
Poison_Girl
thanks for the sympathy, i probably am being ripped off :smile: apparently they have levels of training or something at bhs and when you get to that level, your pay goes up! but i'm not sure :confused:

Yeah, supposidley :p: When I was there (I'm talking 2 yrs ago) they had the training scheme, you're supposed to have the training as you progress through your time there. Ha. As. If. There was one girl who got a higher till number for price overrides and stuff, on sundays. Then she went part time anyway. I never got the training, I was deemed not a good enough employee because I didnt believe in conning people into opening gold cards just because they'd spent over this much and got this this and this promotion with it. I always had a really bad guilt trip when I opened a card, and as such my best track record in my last year was one gold card in 3 months :rofl: instead of one every two weeks :rofl:

Sorry kinda off the point I know, but really, depends on how good an employee you are tbh.
Reply 71
i get 6.34 an hour but it goes up after 6 months
im on 4.94 a hour at the moment and im 17.
Reply 73
i gt 7.09 frm whsmith and im 18
Whats the hourly rate for ASDA?
debenhams. 4.70 an hour for a 17 year old :smile: goes up to 5 60 when im 18 in 8 months time!
Reply 76
Im 16, and am on £4.88 p/h in sainsburys as a checkout assistant, but goes up to £5.11 in april"ish" time.
Reply 77
I get £5.50 waitressing/bartending at a local pub. It's pretty good for around here I guess, but still not amazing. And I'm 18. I didn't get a rise when I turned 18 though, and I honestly doubt I'll get one in April :frown:
Reply 78
£6.06 at WHSmith, 17years old and part time
Reply 79
4.35 an hour :>.<:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending