The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh... hmmm...
Do you know where you are going or what subject you want to apply for?
Shrayans
Ahhh... hmmm...
Do you know where you are going or what subject you want to apply for?

Well yeah, I got pooled from Emma in Cambridge for engineering apparently because my grades were not good enough, :rolleyes: , just joking, well I don' really know why yet, I'll have to wait for the feedback, it's going to be real interesting to know what they have to say. :biggrin:
Oh, and I forgot, I might be applying to MIT during my gap year
That is just sad man... people like you need to get unconditionals...
Oh well... maybe next time you will get one...
do you reckon it's possible to do as further maths by june, self-taught?
Well thank you very much, but I'm really not very bothered by the fact that Cambridge has rejected me, I mean, if you are good, you are good, you don't need Cambridge for Oxford to boost you name, all you need is youself.
trackaddict
do you reckon it's possible to do as further maths by june, self-taught?

Quite possibly yes.. but the workload will depend on the grade you want.
xinolisss
Well thank you very much, but I'm really not very bothered by the fact that Cambridge has rejected me, I mean, if you are good, you are good, you don't need Cambridge for Oxford to boost you name, all you need is youself.

Good you aren't bothered, and reps for that last bit :p:

But you must still be a bit gutted to know they thought for some stupid reason that you weren't good enough... it really doesn't make sense unless your PS wasn't that good... which I doubt...
xinolisss

Maybe it's that "I'm good, I don't need you to tell me so" attitude that they didn't like?
Reply 29
i don't think those who got oxbridge offers are necessarily better than those who don't.
xinolisss
Quite possibly yes.. but the workload will depend on the grade you want.

always aiming for A of course!:wink: ....though of course would be happy with a b
Well you got to work pretty hard then :smile:

Latest