The Student Room Group

Which Engineering?

I'm currently in my AS year and I've been considering studying Chemical Engineering at uni. However, I've started to like Chemistry less and Maths and Physics a lot more this year, and I was just wondering how much chemistry does a chem eng course actually involve?

I've also been looking at civil and aeronautical engineering, and was wondering which would be a more creative branch of engineering? I like being innovative and applying what I know, so I don't know what would be the best option...
Every area of engineering requires "creativity". It'd take a very brave (and probably wrong) person to suggest one was better than another in this regard. At least engineering in general might be for you since you like being "innovative"!

See how your AS's pan out and what your intentions are for your upper sixth form year.
Aeronautical engineering is the best.
Reply 3
The A-level chemistry course really doesn't do chemistry justice. I was asked to do a chemistry olympiad paper, and it was a lot more fun than the guff you have to learn for the a-level syllabus... I'm still taking physics though :P
Reply 4
do aeronautical.
im sure it pwns :redface:
Reply 5
Thanks for all the replies, yeah Aeronautical does seem interesting...we have careers interviews with our teachers soon so I might see what they think as well...
I don't believe the aeronautical guys managed to convince this guy completely! I find that hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 7
ColinOfEdinburgh
I don't believe the aeronautical guys managed to convince this guy completely! I find that hilarious :biggrin:

Girl :P
PenguinGuitar
Girl :P

Oh? In that case I'm completely out of line :smile:

Latest