The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
_Mazza_
Lancaster rejected you but Warwick, Durham and LSE all gave you offers? Seems a bit odd lol

Well i declined them because they were taking far too long to decide and apparently u need to have selected LSE as Firm or Insurance before u can apply for accommodation and i need somethin real cheap in london :p:
Reply 21
d0mz
FIRM: Manchester Met
COURSE: International Business
OFFER: 220 points (:/)
RESON FOR DECISION: Just fell in love with the city and really enjoyed my time at the uni when I visited. The course is brilliant too. Felt really at home and like I could really settle in.

INSURANCE: Strathclyde
COURSE: International Business
OFFER: 280 points
REASON FOR DECISION: Really liked Glasgow but enjoyed Manchester more. Obv not gonna go here.

I've already got the points that I need to get in to MMU so Insurance isnt really important.

Firm wants less points than Insurance?
This is what I am personally confused about...Hmm.
Reply 22
mahi_ve

they may budge lol.
Reply 23
mahi_ve

What does it matter?
I shouldnt have to pick somewhere because of the ammount of points theyre offering me, surely I should pick the place where I feel most comfortable and feel I would most enjoy my time at, right?:rolleyes:
Reply 24
d0mz
What does it matter?
I shouldnt have to pick somewhere because of the ammount of points theyre offering me, surely I should pick the place where I feel most comfortable and feel I would most enjoy my time at, right?:rolleyes:

I don't think she's criticising your course, more confused as to why you've put an insurance choice down if the offer is higher than your firm, usually people would decline all but their firm if their other choices had higher offers.
Reply 25
_Mazza_
I don't think she's criticising your course, more confused as to why you've put an insurance choice down if the offer is higher than your firm, usually people would decline all but their firm if their other choices had higher offers.

Oh really?
I didnt know that. I thought I had to put a firm and an insurance.
I guess I'll just leave Strathclyde guessing, then.
Reply 26
d0mz
Oh really?
I didnt know that. I thought I had to put a firm and an insurance.
I guess I'll just leave Strathclyde guessing, then.

lol there may be a very very slight chance that if you miss 220 points Strath may let you in, but it is very slim lol.
Reply 27
I havent done the calculations but I think its physically impossible for me to get below 220 points now.
Reply 28
d0mz
What does it matter?

Don't get me wrong, like Mazza said, I wasn't cricticising your choices..its just normally the firm has higher points so if you fail to get those there's an insurance option which you can take on. But if your firm is asking you for less points than your insurance, than IF you fail to achieve those, you wouldn't technically have an insurance o.o

I am in the same situation anyway. The Uni I want to go to is asking for less points than my other option(s).. so sort of confused.
FIRM: Cambridge (Emmanuel) :eek:
COURSE: Medicine
OFFER: AAAC (Bio, Chem, Maths, French)
REASON FOR DECISION: I love the course, want to be challenged and stretched, adore the college I applied to and everyone was really friendly, dispelling all the myths you hear about Cambridge!

INSURANCE: BSMS :smile:
COURSE: Medicine
OFFER: AAB (including Bio and Chem)
REASON FOR DECISION: This was possibly the friendliest and most welcoming place I applied to, the course excites me and it was the most flexible offer I received (apart from my back up of Biological Sciences, which I didn't really want to study).
Reply 30
FIRM:Cambridge
COURSE:Maths
OFFER:A in Physics, 1 STEP III
REASON FOR DECISION:I couldn't live with declining it I suppose.

INSURANCE:Bath
COURSE:Maths
OFFER: E
REASON FOR DECISION:A very nice fall-back, and I'd be more than happy to go there. I also love their Mathematical Biology courses.
Reply 31
FIRM: Westminster Uni
COURSE: Radio Production
OFFER: DMM
REASON FOR DECISION: It's the best course in the country and the facilities are great

INSURANCE: De Montfort
COURSE: Radio Production
OFFER: 220 points
REASON FOR DECISION: Has a college radio station, good accommodation
Reply 32
FIRM: Cardiff
COURSE: Business Studies and Japanese
OFFER: BBBB
REASON : Like the look of the course, its far enough away from the village i live in, the uni looks good and ive never been to Wales before...Though that last point wasn't really a deciding factor, in fact if anything it should have gone against my decision...

INSURANCE : Strathclyde
COURSE International Business and Modern Languages
OFFER: C in English
REASON : Closeish to home, love glasgow, it was my top choice before the thought of cardiff and learning japanese. The uni is great for business degrees
Reply 33
FIRM:University of Southampton
COURSE:Economics(L100)
OFFER:AAB/ABBb
RESON FOR DECISION:Got rejected by bristol so this was the next uni in terms of reputation

INSURANCE:Royal Holloway. Univeristy of London
COURSE:Economis(L100)
OFFER:ABC/BBB
REASON FOR DECISION:Well it was between Surrey, Reading and RHUL...and i decided to put prestige before pleasure, can't afford to go to a uni and get a good degree and not get a good job!! lolol
FIRM:Trinity College, Cambridge
COURSE:Mathematics
OFFER:AAA+11
RESON FOR DECISION:self-evident

INSURANCE:None
REASON FOR DECISION:I rather reapply if I failed STEP.
Reply 35
FIRM: Manchester
COURSE: French and German (RR12)
OFFER: ABB with an A in French
REASON FOR DECISION: I love the city, course, university, modules and it's not that far away from home

INSURANCE: Cardiff
COURSE: German and French (RR21)
OFFER: ABC with an A in French
REASON FOR DECISION: Modules look interesting, the university and the accommodation looks nice.
Reply 36
FIRM: LSE
COURSE: Government and Economics
OFFER: AAB
REASON FOR DECISION: love the city, the best for econs and politics

INSURANCE: Southampton
COURSE: Politics and Economics
OFFER: 380 UCAS points from 4 A Levels
REASON FOR DECISION: the next best alternative to LSE, the first uni to reply to me - after 10 days...woop woop
Reply 37
FIRM: York
COURSE: Economics and Finance
OFFER: Unconditional
REASON FOR DECISION: The city and the course seem perfect for me, great student life.

Latest

Trending

Trending