The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

TheWizard
I've never heard of Henry Price being oversubscribed

It didn't used to be that oversubscribed but last year it got more applications than anywhere else! So it's overtaken Dev as the most popular.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
accomoffice
It didn't used to be that oversubscribed but last year it got more applications than anywhere else! So it's overtaken Dev as the most popular.

Huh? Shoot, and I thought I really had a chance at it. I wonder if I should change my app.

And sorry to hear that, splorgie.
Reply 42
Does anyone know if people with unconditional offers get a better chance of thier top choice of accomodation?
Hmm, not sure about accom at the moment.

I know I want to go catered...I love to cook and all, but I'd only be at the uni for about six months; it would be more convinent and something less to worry about. In that way, I can get to know the city and uni better! :smile:

Seems like Devonshire is quite popular! I really like the sounds of it, looks so pretty, haha. No, it just seems like a cool hall, ideal location and all. Not entirely sure about the other catered halls, as they seem smaller, with exception of Bodington...
Reply 44
Hey, Yea im definitely sure, they said on the tour as well as on the accomodation talk that Henry Price was really popular.
can anyone tell me where to find the different costs for single rooms/shared rooms/en suit/etc on the website? either its not there or cant find it :frown:
razzle dazzle
can anyone tell me where to find the different costs for single rooms/shared rooms/en suit/etc on the website? either its not there or cant find it :frown:

This? http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/costoverview.html
so does that mean if it only lists the price for 'standard room' those halls dont have en suits avilable? eg bodington hall?

and are standard rooms or en suit the only options? are there no rooms with a shared bathroom with one other person for example?
Reply 48
razzle dazzle
so does that mean if it only lists the price for 'standard room' those halls dont have en suits avilable? eg bodington hall?

and are standard rooms or en suit the only options? are there no rooms with a shared bathroom with one other person for example?

On the self-catered front, Henry Price standard rooms have a single bathroom shared between 2 persons. Charles Morris Hall is the catered equivalent. And I'm guessing that if the price doesn't say anything about en-suite rooms, then it's probably not at that accom. As far as I know, Bod Hall is all standard.
ooh ok, thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Reply 50
hi does anyone know if henry price is close to wear an english/history of art person has thier lectures...? Not a big fan of walking miles..Thanks!
Reply 51
cheerios
hi does anyone know if henry price is close to wear an english/history of art person has thier lectures...? Not a big fan of walking miles..Thanks!

Well, it's on campus, so I imagine that it'll be closer to department buildings than most of the other residences which aren't on-campus.
cheerios

Well I don't know the specifics but if the English/History of Art school is anything like the Business School you'll be having lectures all over campus. The business school is 30 seconds away from Henry Price and that's where I have all my seminars. My lectures are dotted around campus (Ranging from the environment building to the Roger Stevens building which has a lot of lecture theatres) :smile:

You can walk from one side of the University to the other in a good 5-10 minutes so you'll never be far from a lecture/seminar if you stay at Henry Price :wink:
Reply 53
Anyone thinking about North Hill Court? I couldn't go to an open day, so somenone who was there what's your opinion?? Are the kitchens really thet small? Anything else negative or positive about NHC?
I don't realy mind which halls I end up in, as long as they're fairly close to campus. I was thinking devonshire. My dad was in devonshire :P I'm not sure though.
Definately going self-catered though.
Reply 55
Hello please could someone help me!
I've dropped out of uni in Newcastle (one of the reasons being I was in snobby halls and so didn't mix very well! hehe)
I've come to realise that the "normal" people have standard rooms, none of this en-suite business, and go for cheap accomm :smile:
Anyways, I've been looking at Lupton, Boddington, North Hill Court, and Oxley (because apparently the standard kitchens are shared between 10-15-v sociable!)
Could anyone give me any advice? Or give me a rundown of what each one is like.
That would be much appreciated!!
xxx
Reply 56
Is Boddington really too far from campus? I have heard really good reports and bad ones (40 min bus ride to lectures). How far away is it? Do you feel separate from other students?
What about Montague Burton? I don't think it's been mentioned on here much, and it looks ok...
??
nicki lou im interested in oxley too...wer did u hear that about the kitchens?!!? im thinking partieessss :P:P xx
Reply 59
hmm im trying to fill in the acom. guide and there is a bit where you have to rate the following accomodation type: Self-catered, catered, studio flat and shared house - what is the shared house option?

Latest