The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They've got untill the 31st of March so dont worry :smile:
Im still waiting on cally coming back too.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Still waiting on Edinburgh for Medical Sciences...nearly peed myself earlier when I saw that my track had changed, only to find out that it was a choice that I already knew I had an offer for. :P

the way I see it, so long as we've not been rejected, it means we're gradually becoming more and more viable for a place as they weed more and more people out.
They have until the end of March to reply to you, if by then they haven't, that's when you can start to worry.

You should be focussing on the subjects you are currently studying so you can fly above any conditions they put on you for entry.
Reply 4
lol thats a good way 2 look at it :biggrin: xx
Reply 5
Captain Biggles
They have until the end of March to reply to you, if by then they haven't, that's when you can start to worry.

You should be focussing on the subjects you are currently studying so you can fly above any conditions they put on you for entry.

Thank u but i dont really need you to tell me to revise for my exams. Plus, if im agitated because edinburgh havent replied to me yet, its my right to be curious and find out if others are in the same position. Thats what this is for after all is it not?
Iona Xx
Thank u but i dont really need you to tell me to revise for my exams. Plus, if im agitated because edinburgh havent replied to me yet, its my right to be curious and find out if others are in the same position. Thats what this is for after all is it not?

If you were curious you should rely on the university to tell you what is happening rather than relying on people that are in completely different situations to you and have totally different reasons why they are still waiting. Think of all the applicants who are in your shoes and maybe realise that they have until the end of March to reply. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Captain Biggles
If you were curious you should rely on the university to tell you what is happening rather than relying on people that are in completely different situations to you and have totally different reasons why they are still waiting. Think of all the applicants who are in your shoes and maybe realise that they have until the end of March to reply. :rolleyes:

Wel actually i think its better to share opinions with people in the same situation. There will definitely be people on here who are in the same position as me. I know that they have until the end of march to reply thank you god of ucas applications but i was wondering if anyone had already heard back from my course, just to see where i stand. Who do u think u are anyway? Does this concern you?
Iona Xx
Wel actually i think its better to share opinions with people in the same situation. There will definitely be people on here who are in the same position as me. I know that they have until the end of march to reply thank you god of ucas applications but i was wondering if anyone had already heard back from my course, just to see where i stand. Who do u think u are anyway? Does this concern you?

I'm someone who tried to give you advice: by focussing your attention to your schoolwork you're taking out two birds with one stone, as they say - firstly, you're putting the thought of your application out of your mind and secondly, you're able to do well enough to gain entry onto the course you want to do.

It concerns me that someone is in a situation like you and doesn't need to feel anxious for over a month yet - it's unnecessary stress. :cool:
Reply 9
Captain Biggles
I'm someone who tried to give you advice: by focussing your attention to your schoolwork you're taking out two birds with one stone, as they say - firstly, you're putting the thought of your application out of your mind and secondly, you're able to do well enough to gain entry onto the course you want to do.

It concerns me that someone is in a situation like you and doesn't need to feel anxious for over a month yet - it's unnecessary stress. :cool:

All im saying is that it isnt your place and i dont need you to focus my attention on my studies. You came across all patronising and it got my back up. And i am anxious to know and i do check my ucas like 3 times a day but i just really wanna know :biggrin: xx
Iona Xx
All im saying is that it isnt your place and i dont need you to focus my attention on my studies. You came across all patronising and it got my back up. :biggrin: xx

It's everyone's here place to offer advice - it's up to you to accept it. As you can see from my sig, I've been lucky enough to be accepted onto my course, however, even though it took just over a month for my acceptance, I know it was the longest month of my entire life! :p:

Okay, rephrasing my advice: find something to take your mind off the waiting - especially since this is your final offer (:confused:).
Reply 11
Captain Biggles
It's everyone's here place to offer advice - it's up to you to accept it. As you can see from my sig, I've been lucky enough to be accepted onto my course, however, even though it took just over a month for my acceptance, I know it was the longest month of my entire life! :p:

Okay, rephrasing my advice: find something to take your mind off the waiting - especially since this is your final offer (:confused:).

Thanks and i dont ,imd taking advice, it just annoyed me the way it was said. But thats it, im over it. :biggrin: xx
Iona Xx
Thanks and i dont ,imd taking advice, it just annoyed me the way it was said. But thats it, im over it. :biggrin: xx

Sorry it was taken so badly - I just don't want you to do what I have done and neglect your courses (I was lucky and got an unconditional, but had there been any conditions applied to the offer I got back from Aero. Eng. I would've been screwed!! :rolleyes:).

Edinburgh seem to have a habit of late replies - perhaps give them a week and e-mail them to ask for an update? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Captain Biggles
Sorry it was taken so badly - I just don't want you to do what I have done and neglect your courses (I was lucky and got an unconditional, but had there been any conditions applied to the offer I got back from Aero. Eng. I would've been screwed!! :rolleyes:).

Edinburgh seem to have a habit of late replies - perhaps give them a week and e-mail them to ask for an update? :s-smilie:

lol wel thank u xx
Iona Xx
lol wel thank u xx

Not a problem.

Keep us posted. :yy: (Literally :p:)
Reply 15
Captain Biggles
Not a problem.

Keep us posted. :yy: (Literally :p:)

I wil :biggrin: xx
Reply 16
I found the whole track thing notoriously slow/out of date back when I applied.
I got a letter from the uni regarding my place. It wasn't updated on track for ages. I called the uni admissions dept and they said not to worry....
Reply 17
arod
I found the whole track thing notoriously slow/out of date back when I applied.
I got a letter from the uni regarding my place. It wasn't updated on track for ages. I called the uni admissions dept and they said not to worry....

Kl thanx x
Reply 18
Hey guys,

Again i apologise for another one of these lame 'Have you heard yet?' threads, however this is purely for the pure LLB applicants.

Basically i have received absolutely no word yet. The only thing i have from Edinburgh is the EUCLID stuff. I have not received any letters, other emails, updates on application, etc. Just silence....

Now i'm beginning to get panicky, as i really want to make sure i get the accommodation i want at Aberdeen Uni, which will be my insurance. They are based on a first come, first serve basis...i'm not sure if the forms have been issued yet, and hope to god they haven't!

Have any of you received an offer (either conditional / unconditional, heck even a rejection)? Were you in the dark too thanks to a lack of correspondence, or did you receive letters etc? Or are you in my boat, and haven't got a clue?

Many thanks
Hello! I have un unconditional offer for the LLB, I heard from Edinburgh last, but I know a lot of people haven't heard from Edinburgh at all. I have a friend studying law at edinburgh Law and she didn't here til really late with her unconditional so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending