The Student Room Group

ill enough to extend coursework deadline?

Just a quick one...

I've been in bed for the last week with tonsilitus... i get it alot, normally i feel fine apart from the fact it hurts when i swallow, but this time i had a fever, couldnt eat anything apart from the odd bit of soup and had a headache for 3 days...

Anyway, im on medication and all that jazz but obviously for the last week i havent been able to do any practical work for a project (studyng photogaphy) thats due in in a week and a half.

I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to get a sick note but generally speaking (as i know all unis are different) is this a good enough excuse? or will they tell me to work extra hard and get it done on time? (which is very unlikely what with all the other work i have to do!)
Reply 1
Well, as you said, different unis have different policies - there's no general approach to your circumstances so you're just going to have to speak to your department. I'm sure if you get a sick note that's going to help things though - however I know for a fact at my university that that wouldn't hold any weight.

Latest

Trending

Trending