Nah joke. The uni.. I love it.
Definetly going!
Firm and Insurance! Don't care about my Warwick and Durham offers now
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
tamagochi?? how old skool, i love it! have you got digimon??:laugh:

i'm not sure how much i love exeter yet, i know that for languages they're ace, but not sure whether i'd enjoy the maths-side of my course there:s-smilie:
eDDeboo
Nah joke. The uni.. I love it.
Definetly going!
Firm and Insurance! Don't care about my Warwick and Durham offers now

I got that feeling just reading the information on the University of Glasgow's Aerospace Department that as soon as I went to the open day it clinched it for me! :biggrin: It's a good feeling to have! :p:
Reply 4
trackaddict
tamagochi?? how old skool, i love it! have you got digimon??

i'm not sure how much i love exeter yet, i know that for languages they're ace, but not sure whether i'd enjoy the maths-side of my course there
Why aren't you sure about the maths side? I love it =D

[did you come to the open day today?]
Reply 5
Sephrenia
Why aren't you sure about the maths side ta? I love it =D

[did you come to the open day today?]

nope, i really need to check it out!

you love it then? what's it like? do the tutors help out enough if you're struggling with a topic, because that'd be my main issue really - i know maths can get pretty darn tough!
Reply 6
trackaddict
nope, i really need to check it out!

you love it then? what's it like? do the tutors help out enough if you're struggling with a topic, because that'd be my main issue really - i know maths can get pretty darn tough!

Yeah they do help loads. We have seminars as well, so if you're having a problem with a question you can ask and they'll go over it. And the lecturers are more than willing to go over everything multiple times till you get it right, and understand it. For hours if needed :smile:
trackaddict
i'm not sure how much i love exeter yet, i know that for languages they're ace, but not sure whether i'd enjoy the maths-side of my course there:s-smilie:

You've got a pretty unusual choice of courses there! But I'm sure it'll be a really interesting degree. :smile:
Reply 8
Sephrenia
Yeah they do help loads. We have seminars as well, so if you're having a problem with a question you can ask and they'll go over it. And the lecturers are more than willing to go over everything multiple times till you get it right, and understand it. For hours if needed :smile:

that does sound very encouraging indeed, thanks for that:smile: - hours eh, how about a few days??:wink:

Captain Biggles
You've got a pretty unusual choice of courses there! But I'm sure it'll be a really interesting degree.

well, i love spanish and anything to do with it, and i like the challenges in maths, so i thought why not do both!:biggrin: hope it does turn out to be interesting and fun:wink:
trackaddict
well, i love spanish and anything to do with it, and i like the challenges in maths, so i thought why not do both!:biggrin: hope it does turn out to be interesting and fun:wink:

Hope it all goes well! :biggrin:
I love it too! Not that I have any choice :wink:
Captain Biggles
Hope it all goes well! :biggrin:

trackaddict

The good ol' Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering at the University of Glasgow. :biggrin:

Any questions, ask away. :cool:
Captain Biggles
The good ol' Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering at the University of Glasgow. :biggrin:

Any questions, ask away. :cool:

yowza!:eek: now that's what i call challenging! you're probably used to solving 5-line equations then?!:wink:
trackaddict
yowza!:eek: now that's what i call challenging! you're probably used to solving 5-line equations then?!:wink:

We call them matrices. :wink:

Nah, we're not there just yet! But we get to do a flight test program in a Gulfstream aircraft - actually get to fly in it! :p:

What perks does your course have? Apart from combining maths and spanish altogether! Never seen it happen before!! :smile:
Captain Biggles
We call them matrices. :wink:

Nah, we're not there just yet! But we get to do a flight test program in a Gulfstream aircraft - actually get to fly in it! :p:

What perks does your course have? Apart from combining maths and spanish altogether! Never seen it happen before!! :smile:

whoa when do you get to do that?! sounds incredible

i think the year abroad is the killer really;w00t; - you can either go to a spanish uni for the yr, teach english, or do work experience. pretty cool:smile:

at some unis (sadly not exeter though), mexico's a choice!
trackaddict
whoa when do you get to do that?! sounds incredible

i think the year abroad is the killer really;w00t; - you can either go to a spanish uni for the yr, teach english, or do work experience. pretty cool:smile:

at some unis (sadly not exeter though), mexico's a choice!

It's in 4th year for all the Masters students. There's also loads of practical work in the labs and some cool subjects in thermodynamics/fluid dynamics, maths, electronics - we do a basic covering of all the engineering disciplines then go on to go in-depth with aerodynamics. :biggrin:
trackaddict
that does sound very encouraging indeed, thanks for that:smile: - hours eh, how about a few days??:wink:

I doubt they would mind too much. They are more than willing to help! And know all the tricks of getting free food from open days :p:

Lunch today was my main meal nearly :p: and I have a windowsill of fruit left over:p:
Sephrenia
I doubt they would mind too much. They are more than willing to help! And know all the tricks of getting free food from open days :p:

Lunch today was my main meal nearly :p: and I have a windowsill of fruit left over:p:

haha! i guess that's all too important when you're a student - did you have your doggy bag with you too?:p:
Reply 19
Btw, you all fuss over Cardiac Hill.. Its no where near as bad as running up to room 501 in the Amory building when you're late. And then to top it off, you can't catch your breath loudly as you're not sitting in a lecture.

Latest

Trending

Trending