The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeap I am - I eventually managed to watch something after trying over and over again but the whole play/pause button seemed to have dissolved so I couldn't pause it or adjust volume.
How random, I was just having problems with 4oD when this thread popped up. I just watched an episode of skins, now I've gone to watch the next episode and it won't let me.
Reply 3
I've been having issues all evening, I emailed 40d support, they said to re-boot my computer and if that doesn't work to reinstall the software. Hope this works for you guys too :smile:
Usually I get a message saying the something has gone wrong but now when I click on the icon it won't even open.
Mine just keeps opening the box to show me the programme then going again. I don't have a TV and it's making me so sad :frown:
Reply 6
I'm having to defect to BBC iplayer :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I've had some pretty terminal problems over the last couple of days - was fine for months before that. Now it's buggered up my java installation as well.
Reply 8
It's been generally fine for me, however last night I was watching something and the video feed would pause at a point whilst the sound carried on (even if i flicked back and tried to play that bit again). It worked eventually after hammering the slider bar for a few minutes.
I can't use 4OD at all, and I don't know why. :s-smilie: I install it and get no error message, and then in the program folder for 4OD is just one file, nothing else and when I click on the 4OD short-cut on the Start Menu, nothing happens. I've uninstalled and installed countless times and **** all happens. Bring back TVCatchUp!
Reply 10
I get some stupid Kontiki (or whatever, i've uninstalled it) error when I try and download something :frown:. Dunno why.

At least with the BBC you dont have to log in or any of that *******s they make you do on 4OD, plus you can watch it in your web browser without downloading!

For both programs, I do NOT like the fact they install a P2P program (Kservice.exe) on my computer. At least the BBC player tells you it will (as it should be if they implement this ****) but the 4OD player doesn't. I suppose thats why we have firewalls :smile:, but for someone who doesn't know enough about computers, it's really bad.
Reply 11
What is the problem with 4oD, iPlayer etc. using Kontiki P2P as the distribution method?

(Other than the fact that 4oD, iPlayer and Sky Anytime all interfere with each other :rolleyes: )
Reply 12
4OD slows my computer alot :s-smilie: and it keeps popping up in my system tray. I would much prefer a smaller program which did it's job than this big messy program. Bleh. *uninstall*
It worked fine for me on XP. Then I had a little accident involving some cereal, a lot of milk and my laptop and had to get a new one :frown: This one came with Vista and 4OD no longer works :angry:

EDIT: Before anyone shouts at me for having vista, it was hard enough explaining to the sales assistant that I couldn’t afford to spend £700-£800 on a new laptop, without trying to explain I didn't want vista either!

Latest

Trending

Trending