The Student Room Group

Clarks shoe shop.

Hi,

I've been looking for a weekend job for a while now and finally saw an advert in my local newspaper for weekend staff at Clarks show shop.
I've applied for the job and was wondering if anyone has any experience about the interviews/what it's like working at Clarks or any shoe shop for that matter! :smile:

Thanks.
I used to work in Clarks.. for about a year and a bit. Its been about five years since I worked there so they might have changed their interview policy.

From what I remember it was a group interview and we were split into two groups. Each group was given scenarios with customers wanting shoes for specific occassions and you had to pick a shoe and say why it was suitable etc. I think they also did this with handbags and other accessories.

In my opinion I really enjoyed working there. I was mainly a children's shoe fitter and it did get hectic in the summer with kids wanting school shoes and sometimes kids wont sit still when u want them to. The only thing I did not enjoy was that they have a policy on making staff work to targets. Sometimes you have to sell a certain amount of shoecare or handbags etc and its frustrating to be told off when you dont achieve. Its not like you can force people to buy stuff they dont want.
I had an interview at Shoe Express a couple of years ago. It was a pretty straight-forward interview, just asking why I wanted to work there/what skills I had etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending