The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Admissions

So I called Admissions at York, not really sure what I was expecting to say or hear. I asked how they were getting on with processing the applications. They requested my UCAS number and then told me that my application was in the office.

Cool. But. Like. All my other Uni's have started sorting out accomodation - I've got a CRB check I need to get in... They said it could take up till the end of March. Which is cool - because I'll be in the Amazon basin about 400 miles from a telephone or internet connection. I guess I'll have to leave a friend with my password and stuff so they can make my choices for me?

I'd really like to go to York, but tbh I've got under the required grades anyway, even though they told me it was worth applying due to circumstances. I'd be really heartbroken if I waited until mid-March, missed the boat on accomodation and then got a rejection.

Anyway - I'm not too sure what this post is about - because there's not a lot I can do about it. I don't wanna pester them, it's not going to come any quicker. Just thought I'd share the pre-Uni blues.

I've got the pre-uni blues...
I've got pre-uni blues...
Everyone's got an offer,
and I've got twoooo
But I'm still waiting here,
still WAITING to heaarrrrr (yeah)
From a University,
in a beautiful city -

York, oh york, baby,
I thought you'd never reply to me!
York, oh york,
I better let you know the suspense is killing me!
So stop scratchin your balls,
get the game on the floor,
better make a move,
because I'm bluer than blue.

I've got the pre-uni blues...
i've got the pre-uni blues...
everyone's got an offer...
I said EVERYONE'S GOT AN OFFER...
All those people got an offer,
- but york,
I'm waiting for you...
Ahhhh yeeeahhh.....:s-smilie:
York doesn't sort out accommodation til you get your offer so there's no rush as far as that is concerned :smile: As for the other unis - they will understand that some ppl don't have offers yet (some ppl even still have interviews to go to!) and probably won't start to finalise accommodation until they know for sure who is going to the uni
University of York
York
Reply 2
Don't most decent Unis guarantee all first years accommodation anyway? I wouldn't worry about it too much
Reply 3
xKTx
York doesn't sort out accommodation til you get your offer so there's no rush as far as that is concerned :smile: As for the other unis - they will understand that some ppl don't have offers yet (some ppl even still have interviews to go to!) and probably won't start to finalise accommodation until they know for sure who is going to the uni

York doesn't start sorting accomodation untill results day unless you have an unconditional from a gap year for instance.
oops... I meant confirmation of your place or something like that!
Dude, it's not York's accomodation I'm worried about. I'm worried I DON'T get the offer and then miss the boat on Cardiff as York's still sorting their shizzle out. Are York on half term or something atm?
No we don't have half term... And there are other ppl still waiting for offers so you're not alone... As for missing the boat on Cardiff, if you mean by accepting them as your firm choice, they are legally entitled to stand by their acceptance of their offer to you. As for accommodation, I'm sure it'll be fine... Students who go through clearing still get halls of residence
Yeeeahahahahhhhh :biggrin:

WooO!

ThxxKTx ^_^

Latest

Trending

Trending