The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Every month, about 150-200 quid.
Reply 2
I go shopping every weekend, always buy something whether it be a CD, stationery, toiletries, or clothes.
I spend maybe £50 a month on average. But depends on sales, and what the shops have. And I make a "big" clothes buy not so often. I try and get bargains more often. :K
Ebay's good too, so depends what I see on there. So I probably buy a new item of clothing every 2 weeks.
Reply 3
too often, maybe once or twice a week, sometimes more
my brother goes about once every six months and normally only if he is going somewhere else and there is a shop in the way :smile:
Reply 4
6 or 7 times a year, up to a 100 pound maximum each time i go. however that's me not counting things like buying new tights for 3 pounds off the internet like i did today.
Reply 5
I buy new clothes when I need them, so it's not very often really :smile:.

Usually it's just a new pair of jeans from Tesco or something, so maybe a tenner a month.
Reply 6
Simps
I buy new clothes when I need them, so it's not very often really :smile:.

Usually it's just a new pair of jeans from Tesco or something, so maybe a tenner a month.

More or less the same for me too.
Reply 7
every 5ish months. Spend probably 40 pounds. I'm poor. But now that I'm 21 I think I'm allowed to wear whatever the hell I want without caring :tongue:
Reply 8

constantly actually, my friends allways on at how often i go shopping and that! [it's an addiction :P] wouldn't say i spend a HUGE amount each time though. perhaps a good £100 a month maybe. [probably more if i go to topshop regularly!!] varies definetly time of year and how much i have in the bank/how much my mum will pay up for! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Once a year? :p:
I'm just busy OK. :redface:
I used to only go every 3 months and spend about £100 each time but since getting a fulltime good paying job I buy an item of clothing at least once a week sometimes more! It's a very bad habit, this week alone I have spent £60 in topshop and £90 in new look :eek:

My boyfriend only goes clothes shopping twice a year? He hates it, I tend to buy him some clothes for his bdat etc though :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I wonder how much money other students spend on clothes and how often they buy em and how they afford them, because people on my course are always wearing new clothes. They can't all have jobs though, this is too small of a town for that to be possible :tongue:
Reply 12
Not very often but I usually window shop during my lunch break so can be tempted

Primark ftw :cool:
Reply 13
It's interesting to hear the contrasts in people's attitudes to clothes.
Some guys seem to take it very seriously (£200 a month?!) while others don't really give a s***.
Personally, I would love to go and spend that sort of money on clothes, but on a student budget it's impossible.
It all depends on the time of year for me. Between xmas and now I haven't bought anything new except boxers and socks. now that the better weather's on the way I'll go and buy a couple of good t-shirts, a summery shirt and maybe a pair of shorts.
Reply 14
i have a job to pay for things such as clothes, it's casual work though, so varies a lot how much I get each month.
My parents won't let me have a job because of school it means my shopping is limited by my allowance and my parents moods but they're quite generous. If I had to pay I'd never spend what I spend now, I'm stocking up now because when I go to uni I won't be able to shop like this :frown:
Reply 16
she
I wonder how much money other students spend on clothes and how often they buy em and how they afford them, because people on my course are always wearing new clothes. They can't all have jobs though, this is too small of a town for that to be possible :tongue:

exactly what i want to know.
everytime i see my classmates and flatmates they're wearing something i've never seen before.
they've either got very big wardrobes or spend a lot of money they don't actually have.
Couple of times a month. About £50.
The amount people seem to spend is astounding me. maybe it's just that people who buy more clothes have more interest in the thread?

I typically spend £60-£100 in a year.
This year's been an expensive one though since i've worn a few items out.
I bought;
£50 jeans
£55 new rocks
£15 work trousers
£5 skirt and
£12 on underwear.

Most things I buy are cheap on ebay but I happened to find some good jeans in a shop so just bought them (jeans shopping = hard)
New rocks last years so I wont need to buy any footwear for a while now.
Reply 19
Student2806
exactly what i want to know.
everytime i see my classmates and flatmates they're wearing something i've never seen before.
they've either got very big wardrobes or spend a lot of money they don't actually have.

Or the parents chip in :wink: Someone I know gets a shocking amount every week from their parents and yet they are still in their over draft!

Latest