The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely email! You have nothing to lose!
Reply 2
oh sweet.
i just read their acknowledgement mail:

If you have any queries about our admissions process, or the progress of your application, please contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office, by telephone on +44 (0)161 275 2077 or email [email protected].

:smile:
Reply 3
I'd personally ring them..

when I was emailing Man Met they took forever to get back to me.. whereas I found out then and there when I rang.
Reply 4
I've been waiting on Edinburgh since the 7th November! I've contemplated ringing up but decided to endure and be patient instead. I'm just afraid that if I rush them they'll just reject me.
Reply 5
mhm.
i had the same feeling till i read that email :eek:
they cant hold it against me for me reading the fine print in the email :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Email, then if they dont get back after a week or two (depending on how patient you are) then ring them up.
Reply 7
yvonnay
I've been waiting on Edinburgh since the 7th November! I've contemplated ringing up but decided to endure and be patient instead. I'm just afraid that if I rush them they'll just reject me.

I've been waiting on them since 8th November, so I know how you feel!
I emailed this afternoon to ask if there was a problem/when should I expect to hear back, largely because their School of Humanities & Social Sciences open days are coming up pretty soon, so knowing if I need to book transport/accomodation would be nice!
Hopefully I'll hear back soon, and they'll take into account it's not just impatience - it's the effect on my parents bank accounts too! :biggrin:

C-
Reply 8
they're not going to reject you because of a phone call...
I'm not sure why you need to call them? I'm waiting on a straggler as well (Durham), but they're not obliged to reply for at least another month yet. I sort of think you should just wait it out.
*ellen marine*
I'm not sure why you need to call them? I'm waiting on a straggler as well (Durham), but they're not obliged to reply for at least another month yet. I sort of think you should just wait it out.

I'm inclinded to agree. We all (well most of us) have universities to hear from so why should we go ringing them up when they are within their rights to make us wait until March 31st.
Original post by &#946
I'm inclinded to agree. We all (well most of us) have universities to hear from so why should we go ringing them up when they are within their rights to make us wait until March 31st.

Yeah - those were my thoughts. If it was past the deadline for replies, I would understand - but as it is, they're actually allowed to keep us hanging on until the beginning of May (though UCAS do request that universities let us know by the end of March).

I do appreciate that if you're expecting to be called for an interview, then you want to know whether you'll have to plan ahead for it or not.. but I still think it's too early to go calling places. As you say, a lot of people are also still waiting.
Reply 12
who cares..loads of people i know rang up.. and the uni told them whether they were accepted or not..and they said they were just slow at sending all the letters out...if you need to know for interview purposes.. ring them.
Reply 13
Sorry to hijack the thread but am in a similar situation. I had an interview at Kent at the end of january, and they said i'd hear within a couple of weeks...it's almost been a month now. I already know my firm and just need to hear back so i can make my choices and it's getting really annoying.
Do you think it would damage my chances to email them and ask about the status of my application?
Reply 14
Meg_Lili
I've been waiting on them since 8th November, so I know how you feel!
I emailed this afternoon to ask if there was a problem/when should I expect to hear back, largely because their School of Humanities & Social Sciences open days are coming up pretty soon, so knowing if I need to book transport/accomodation would be nice!
Hopefully I'll hear back soon, and they'll take into account it's not just impatience - it's the effect on my parents bank accounts too! :biggrin:

C-

let me know when you hear back what they say because i'm thinking the same thing, that the open days are coming up and I really want to know whether i've got in or not :smile:
I'd ring them instead of emailing them. I emailed them just year when I applied to University and it took ages to ger back so I rung them instead, however I am pretty impatient.:p:
Me too in the same predicament. I applied in December, they ring me a two weeks ago and give me a verbal offer and tell me to prove my GCSE maths grade. I sent it and they havnt got back to me. They have till mid march, i see no rush atm, but its eating me up inside.
Reply 17
I just sent an email of to QM to see whats going on with mine, just incase i need to go for an interview and id need to get down there and things. Lets hope they email me back.
Reply 18
Only email them if you have something to say. Otherwise, it's as strange as me phoning the bank for a chat (I was bored). So if you were expecting a letter and it hasn't come, or you've been waiting longer than they said after an interview that's a good reason to contact them. If you just haven't heard anything yet and are impatient, that's a bad reason for contacting them.
Reply 19
Deffo email, when i emailed bristol t'other day they told me there and then what my offer was, instead of having to wait the extra week to find it out on UCAS.

Latest

Trending

Trending