The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On your UCAS track the offer should go from Conditional to Unconditional I believe. If you don't get the grades then I presume it would turn to unsuccessful.
Reply 2
supersam7
when do they see my results etc.

A week before you do!
Reply 3
I think you have until 31st August to satisfy any university conditions i.e. say you miss a grade on results day but get a re-mark. The conditional offer will remain conditional until after 31st august. This gives enough time for re-marks to be returned and for any grades to be corrected (i.e. bumped up) and conditions to be satisfied.
But on results day, if you get your grades, you should receive a letter from UCAS (AS12) letter and it has a slip which you return stating that you wish to take up your position at your firm choice. Some unis want the slip back, some don't. The university might then contact you to offer you accommodation etc...and then possibly send booklists etc...
Reply 4
You can read about this on the tsr wiki
Reply 6
Minerva
Exactly - contributed by Juno.

Yup. She wrote most of them about UCAS and that didn't she?
Reply 8
Original post by &#946
Yup. She wrote most of them about UCAS and that didn't she?
Don't know about the rest of the UCAS entries, but Juno contributes a lot to the Wiki, so probably.
Reply 9
Oh, shush, you! I didn't wrote the entry on um, er, oooh, I'll get back to you on that one.
Reply 10
I read that wiki entry but got confused a bit...

Do you guys in England have to physically go somewhere to collect your exam results?
In England result sheets for GCSEs and A levels are typically collected from schools in person.
Reply 12
Good bloke
In England result sheets for GCSEs and A levels are typically collected from schools in person.
It's generally the only way to get them on the day - unless you have someone in the school/college who's prepared to fax or email them to you -
At my school it is possible to phone as well.
Reply 14
jessiainscough
At my school it is possible to phone as well.
Most schools won't let you do this, but it's certainly worth asking if for some reason you really can't get there yourself.
Yes, I well remember by eldest son getting his GCSE results by telephone from the cockpit of a yacht in Croatia. The school started the conversation by saying the results could not be divulged over the phone, but they did in the end.
Reply 16
hmm.
for the IB you recieve a letter via the post which gives you a personal password etc after which you go on a website and login..
:eek:
Track nervousness all over again :p:
Reply 17
Good bloke
Yes, I well remember by eldest son getting his GCSE results by telephone from the cockpit of a yacht in Croatia. The school started the conversation by saying the results could not be divulged over the phone, but they did in the end.
I rather suspect that schools/colleges are stricter about AS/A2 results because of the consequences of "misunderstandings".

The best thing is to ensure that you are able to pick up your A2 results in person, as that way you are around to deal with any problems quickly. So, people, don't book that holiday for the week of 14 August!
Reply 18
TI-84
hmm.
for the IB you recieve a letter via the post which gives you a personal password etc after which you go on a website and login..
:eek:
Track nervousness all over again :p:
Ah well that's a different ball game altogether. Now I come to think of it, Edexcel had an online results system last year but your school/college had to register for it.
Reply 19
Yeah the reason i ask is because in Scotland you get a hard copy of your certificate in the post along with all the modules you did and what grades you got for them obv.

OR a new thing they introduced last year was you could get results a day earlier if you sign up to get them online on the SQA website.

But i didnt do that last year because i like the getting up at 7am to wait for the postman who normally doesnt come around my house till 1pm because he's a lazy sod/they may be understaffed. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending