The Student Room Group

SOUTHAMPTON Vs. LOUGHBOROUGH [Maths]

I'm applying for Maths with Economics [2008] and received both conditionals [ABB] for Southampton and Loughborough. I don't know which to put as my firm/insurance. I was so set on Soton for firm but now im wondering :s-smilie:
Loughborough offer a sandwich course as well with a diploma at the end of it, wheras Soton i would have to take a leave in my third year.

Who's more renowned? Got more rep.? Quality teaching? Night life? Ethnic diversity? Student body? ANYTHING! lool
thank-you!
I do the course at Loughborough. It's really good, both departments have a very good reputation. Night life is quite good, we get some decent bands at the union, and obviously Loughborough is close to Notts/Leics too. Loughborough Uni is well known for its teaching qualities, and I think the Economics department was voted the 2nd best for teaching in some Times award a couple of years ago!

I'm not doing a sandwich course, although I kind of wished I had chosen to do it now, would've looked good on a CV and just would've been a good experience!
soton
Soton is a great uni and is very highly reputed for it's Maths/Physical Sciences. I think Soton offers the more reputed course, but it's upto you which uni you like best.
Reply 4
thnx 4 your replies..after e-mailing both unis with a few questions:
SOUTHAMPTON=FIRM!!
LOUGHBOROUGH=INSURANCE

Latest

Trending

Trending