The Student Room Group

Bands I've Never Heard Of...

Name the top 5 bands that YOU listen too, that no one else probably knows even exists! Mine would have to be, in no particular order... The Avett Brothers, Joel Plaskett, Peter Elkas, G. Love & Special Sauce & The Felice Brothers. What say you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MuteMath, Anberlin, Haste the Day, The Send, The Classic Crime......

.....Emery, Blindside, House of Heroes, The Fold, Number One Gun...

i could go on forever :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Mobius band, The Raid, Cazals, Ratty Rat Rat and The Answering Machine- all indie if that's what rocks your boat:smile:
Oh, I don't know, I might be a mite mainstream compared to you people. They don't have to be modern, do they?

The Band, Bix Beiderbecke, Miho Hatori, Galaxie 500, Royal Crown Revue.

Do you know those? It's hard to judge which ones are or aren't famous; I don't really look it up.
Reply 4
i love blaqk audio (yes that's how it's spelt) but most people dont kwow they exist
Reply 5
Hmm it depends! Let's see.. Creepy Morons, We Are Trees, Blackwire, Micky P Kerr and Jeff Lewis are about the best I have to offer.. perhaps through Reunion Square in there, and Duels (maybe?) and Caje.. and thats about it.
L'arc en Ciel, High and Mighty Color, The Brilliant Green erm yeah...that's all the bands I can think off...know a bunch of artists that I would be surprised if anyone here knew off though.
Reply 7
Sound Tribe Sector 9, Emiliana Torrini, Nitin Sawhney, Overseer, Shpongle.

There's a load of bands which are quite genre specific but still quite well-known within that genre. The above ones are kind of obscure.
Philippe Eidel, Sébastien Tellier, Silicone Soul, Swåp, Blowzabella :biggrin:

Mixture of contemporary classical, trance and European trad.
If anyone has heard of any of these, PM me, I think we might be soulmates.
Reply 9
I think Nitin Sawhney, Sebastien Tellier, Mutemath and G Love are all fairly well known
I am Very mainstream, i get sick very quickly with all these indie bands out atm, only a few is enough for me.

the least well-known bands i like are

the fratellis, scouting for girls, the pigeon detectives. And i think even all them are all mainstream.
Reply 11
I've only heard of the one I mentioned and my taste is pretty eclectic :\

Lesser well-known bands aren't necessarily indie, Ronan. There's a load of electronic stuff which is yet to be discovered!
Reply 12
Without Gravity, Container Drivers, Ambershades, Pepe Deluxe, Jive Aces
Reply 13
Ronan1888

the fratellis.

I think most people would have heard of them.
Nadinus
I've only heard of the one I mentioned and my taste is pretty eclectic :\

Lesser well-known bands aren't necessarily indie, Ronan. There's a load of electronic stuff which is yet to be discovered!

Yea im sure there are a lot of great bands out there, but most right now seem to be indie and sound all very similar
Titch89
I think most people would have heard of them.

I know there very well known in Scotland, but i had no idea if they were known outside of here.
Reply 16
i think the fratellis & scouting for girls are pretty much well known everywhere (UK) atm arent they?! theyve been really high up in the charts
Reply 17
girls aloud, sugababes, maroon 5, nickelback, pussycat dolls

im sure no one else has heard of them lol
Yes, and the Pigeon Detectives too.
Reply 19
bella127
Blackwire

I've heard of these and Pigeon Detectives

Quick Reply

Latest