The Student Room Group

What course?

Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilema at the moment about what I want to study at university. I just can't decide whether to do 3D Animation or Mechanical Engineering. Yeah, I know they're really different.

I would really enjoy engineering, but I don't know whether I would be able to cope with it seeing as how I don't do maths or physics at A level. This means I would have to do a foundation year, which I'm fine about, but I don't want to go through with all that and then not be able to cope with the actual course.

I would also enjoy 3D Animation, but the career prospects for an animator seem pretty grim and I don't like the idea of becoming a freelancing animator.

I'm in year twelve right now, so I've got time to decide, but I would appreciate any adivce. I'm studying ICT, Media Studies, Psychology, Theatre Studies and a two year course in Film Studies. I plan on picking up art or math's as an AS next year, depending on whether I decide to persue Animation or Engineering.

I got B's in math's, science, art and graphics at GCSE, so I'm not particularly bad at either side, but I need all the adivce I can get:frown:
little guy

I plan on picking up art or math's as an AS next year, depending on whether I decide to persue Animation or Engineering.

I got B's in math's, science, art and graphics at GCSE, so I'm not particularly bad at either side, but I need all the adivce I can get:frown:

I think Doing AS maths would be really helpful if ur doing either one. Maths is a pretty useful subjects in most subject areas/choices. AS maths isn't very hard either, even with a B in it at GCSEs (i did it last yr and it wasnt too hard :wink: )

Doing Mech Engineering might be a little hard if u haven't done some physics... but I don't know.. maybe ur really smart and u can manage! :biggrin:

well hope that helps..! :p:

ps. i think being an animator sounds like a very cool thing to do! :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending