The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Primark. I don't understand why people pronounce it preemark. Way i look at it is, how do you all pronounce primary? preemary, or pr-eye-mary? :wink:
Reply 61
both....and you knwo why, coz I'm a midlander we're allowed to pick and choose, like bath, castle, glass, grass, etc etc haha!
Reply 62
I say 'Preemark' because thats how it was always pronounced around me in Scotland so just continued to say the same.
Reply 63
Everybody I know calls it Primark :smile:
Reply 64
There isn't one in Edinburgh so I never had the pleasure of debating what it was called. however looking at it i'd call it Primark. Now i'm in a city with one I kind of float between the two because everyone calls it something different.
some people i know call it 'prime' or 'primarni'.

annoying.

PRI (as in eye) mark.
Reply 66
Primark I think Preeemark sounds like a failed attempt to make it sound posh??
Whilst we're here there's no point me making another topic:

How do you pronounce 'Londis', we drove past it the other day and I said 'oh i put lOndis into my Economics coursework' then mum proceeded to say it was pronounced lUndis.

Is it lOndis or lUndis?
Reply 68
goldenbuttons
Whilst we're here there's no point me making another topic:

How do you pronounce 'Londis', we drove past it the other day and I said 'oh i put lOndis into my Economics coursework' then mum proceeded to say it was pronounced lUndis.

Is it lOndis or lUndis?

lOndis, why on earth would it be lUndis haha

that said a friend of mine pronounced lidl - lydell, i was like sorry where?
Haha that sounds like am american way of pronouncing it.

She thinks it stand for LondonDiscount (Lon-Dis) which I can sort of understand.

She was like 'You don't say LONdon, do you now, it's pronounced LUNdon'

Crazy.
Reply 70
goldenbuttons
Haha that sounds like am american way of pronouncing it.

She thinks it stand for LondonDiscount (Lon-Dis) which I can sort of understand.

She was like 'You don't say LONdon, do you now, it's pronounced LUNdon'

Crazy.

i say LONdon haha!
Reply 71
gracie88
Primark. I don't understand why people pronounce it preemark. Way i look at it is, how do you all pronounce primary? preemary, or pr-eye-mary? :wink:

I dont pronounce the word primary as pr-eye-mary because im not english, but I dont say pr-ee-mary either. I dont know what I could write to describe the sound that I use in primary lol.
Reply 72
mtbab
lOndis, why on earth would it be lUndis haha

that said a friend of mine pronounced lidl - lydell, i was like sorry where?

lidl comes form germany and i heard that thats how its pronnounced over there (lydell)... but yeah i call it lidl!
Reply 73
Its primark

the title of the thread says is it "primark or preemark"

it's spelt primark so it is primark duh
I say Primark, as in pry-mark. I've never hear anyone call it Preemark, and never even considered it until I read this...
Primark.
Reply 76
Pri.
Reply 77
i say primark but all my friends say preeemark. what. a. joke.
I've had this argument a few times! Pr-i-mark. Only losers say Pr-e-mark :p:
Where I come from it tends to be the posher people who say prImark, but I don't think either way is really a posh way of saying it, it just depends who taught you to say the word originally I guess.

Latest