The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anything that has you working with people, especially in a caring capacity. So places like nursing homes, nurseries etc are ideal
Reply 2
Anything that involves people, a team, responsibility, communication, etc.
Most hospitals have part-time jobs.
Reply 4
Elfin Doll
Most hospitals have part-time jobs.
That's all well and good.

But, there are very few jobs that you would be allowed to do at 16 (catering, shop assistant, etc.), none that would allow any patient contact.

What is more, an admin or shop or trolly pushing job in a hospital is not any greater benefit to you because it is in a hospital. You will often find that equivalent jobs in the civvy sector are better paid, more varied and you'll end up working with fewer cretins.
Reply 5
^^what he said. Get out your local directory, phone every nursing home in your area and find out if they have any jobs going. Then move on to nurseries and after-school clubs. And if you can't get a job, try and arrange some volunteering with them instead. Just do absolutely anything that gives you contact with the public, its all good experience.
Reply 6
Nursing homes are likely to be good experience if you can get it. However if you can't because of you age it might be worth looking into jobs where you have contact with people and can build your team work and communication skills.

It is also never too early to start thinking about work experience at hospitals, gps etc so you can build it up over time.
Reply 7
I've got a job in a pharmacy, its brilliant for seeing what medicines are offered when the customers present ailments to the pharmacist.
I worked at a fish & chip shop during Sixth Form - somehow I think anatomy will be easier to stomach after seeing so many dead fish :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending