The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

This place is crawling with 08 medics. At least 5 people on here got offers from the day i was interviewed.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I can't believe how many people there are for RFUCMS 08.. I wish I had found this place sooner :smile:
Better late than never! So much better than NMM.

I like how you're calling it RFUCMS by the way. In true RUMS style!
Reply 4
Haha yeah I guess I'm set to become pedantic about it, I think I may switch to RUMS though, rolls of the tongue a little better :smile:
Reply 5
weee... it was close to a thread about UCL accommodation becoming a medic thread! So good there is an actually dedicated thread!!!

I was one of the ones who got an offer with davidthegreat.. ! as well as medstudentwannabe, wangers.. and a lot of us on that day as david says! Caroline did say that the 'majority' of us would be getting offers.. ^__^
Reply 6
Hellooo!! Can I join the club?

Has everyone posted off their forms and started their hep B yet?
Reply 7
peachylife
Hellooo!! Can I join the club?

Has everyone posted off their forms and started their hep B yet?

(not that anyone made me club leader or anything) but sure.. you're welcome to join... one condition, you just have to sacrifice a small cow to the Gods of UCL.. its mandatory. (blates its past my curfew hence why i'm talking c**p)

but .. :redface: i haven't handed my form back yet!!.. has everyone?! started the expensive hep B course.. due my second shot in two weeks.. what about the rest of you guys?
Reply 8
Well I would sooo sacrifice a small cow to the Gods of UCL just to join the club - anything to join the club!

I haven't done the forms yet, I have to wait because appointments are made so far in advance with the GP and nurse in my surgery. And I just cannot decide what to put on my accoms form (the preferences bit of course).
Had my first Hep B last year cos i need it for my job. My lovely gp gave it to me for free! Going to my on thurs to get blood tests and health form and everything sorted, although i havent had my final injection, so im only being tested for the absense of hep b surface antigen. I'll need to be re-tested at UCH in sept for the presence of hep b surface antibodies, i think.
Reply 10
i'm starting hep B in about 2 weeks, getting the other blood tests done in a week's time at UCLH.
I'm all done!

Sent off my form a few weeks ago, so can go on my gap year travels hassle free...unless the OH dept. decide my immunity isn't immune enough!

Can't wait to start!
Reply 12
Sent off the accommodation and nearly ready to send off the health form. Haven't begun my hep. B immunisations yet.
Reply 13
I was thinking, could any of the current UCL medics give us a sort of rough timetable of their week (or weeks)? I know some things start at your standard 9-ish, but when does the day finish? And do you have lessons over the weekend??
Would really appreciate it.
Reply 14
Good idea that would be quite interesting to read. I know everyone has Wednesday afternoon off for sports but the rest of the week I haven't a clue. Don't think (hope) there are lessons over the weekend..
Reply 15
a kind guy on TSR gave me a scanning of his first year med timetable for a week at UCL! Dont really think he will appreciate me attaching it to this thread .. BUT!

noticed that on some days they finish as late as five pm! about three out of the five days...everyday started at 9am... the timetable was mon -fri.. so i assume no lectures on weekends :s-smilie: .. the least hectic day for that week had two lectures.. (2hrs total) and the most hectic had a ful day from 9am-5pm, with a break for an hr at 1pm.. but a practical (dissection) from 9-12.. so not all in lecture theatres as such!

nice... so who's looking forward to it :biggrin:
The timetable varies from day to day, week to week really. Last week I had the whole Wednesday off and almost every afternoon off as well, but this week they're practically 9 to 5 everyday. :frown: Besides, PDS on Thursdays is a nice change from lectures and it isn't challenging.
And definately no lectures on weekends! They're for catching up on the lost hours of sleep :biggrin:
Reply 17
Well 5pm isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I was thinking more 7? So phew!

And no weekend lectures?? COOL! (and they say medicine is hard work... *joke*)
Also, Foundation module's relatively light on lectures, so you can ease into it. There are more important things to be doing in the first month anyway :biggrin:
Reply 19
psychic_maniac
Also, Foundation module's relatively light on lectures, so you can ease into it. There are more important things to be doing in the first month anyway :biggrin:

... like ... finding out with club sells the cheapest poison?:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending