The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You might get more responses if you post this in the law forum :smile:
Reply 2
"Dear Sir/Madam

All solicitors are lazy, greedy, dirty, foolish b*stards who will fail at everything and anything that they attempt.

Yours faithfully,
na221

P.S. May I do a mini-pupillage? kthx"
I am interested in doing a mini-pupillage in your Chambers. I am currently in my [ ] year at [ ]. I know/think I want to go to the Bar and I have local roots in [ ]/am at University in [ ]/gather that [ ] has the strongest regional Bar in the country. (NB: no need to explain why if you are applying to London). I have/have not done mini-pupillages before and your Chambers is appealing because I know that you do serious crime/family/commercial/patent law in which I am particularly interested. I recently spent a week watching a Crown Court case/commercial injunction/employment tribunal/paint dry and I know that I would get much more out of it if I were in the company of a barrister who would let me read the papers and would be able to discuss the case with me.
I enclose a full CV. I am available on the following dates [ ], although I have arranged to be able to take time off during term if that is necessary. My senior tutor feels that I would catch up quickly and believes that the experience of a mini-pupillage in your Chambers would make up for missing time.
Yours faithfully,
Reply 4
thanks.x
From my experience mini-puppilages are quite easy to get; I know several absolute morons (people who have got kicked out of Law for failing modules AND re-sits) who have done them- though admittedly in Brum rather than the City. Simon Myerson QC is the expert and I fully agree with everything he says. If you want more information I suggest you read his blog:

http://pupillageandhowtogetit.blogspot.com/
Reply 6
Mini pupillages are easy to get as long as you don't apply solely to the top London sets. I've never applied for a mini pupillage, having got them with barristers I already know etc. This is the best way to go about it if possible.
Reply 7
Lush Law
I've never applied for a mini pupillage, having got them with barristers I already know etc. This is the best way to go about it if possible.

WHY?!
Reply 8
I don't know!? Because it's easier. Especially if you know barristers at good sets.

Latest

Trending

Trending