The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do FSMQ and AS?

My sister is really good at maths having done GCSE in year 9.
Having achieved an A grade.
Is it possible for her to do AS (maths) and FSMQ (add maths) at the same time in Yr 11 alongside the rest of her GCSE subjects to get more UCAS points?

I am unsure if your allowed to do both exams at the same time eg sit both exams in June?

thanks
Firstly, FSMQ Additional Maths will be pointless as she's doing to AS. THe FSMQ content is just all of the 1st module with parts of C2, S1, M1 and D1, though minimal amounts of the applied modules. There's simply no point in her taking it, even for the UCAS points. Usually people take it before they do the A-Level if they do the GCSE early or finish it early and find it easy, not while they do the AS. And besides, as they have similar content I doubt it's possible to do both in the same sitting.
Reply 2
purple-girl
Firstly, FSMQ Additional Maths will be pointless as she's doing to AS. THe FSMQ content is just all of the 1st module with parts of C2, S1, M1 and D1, though minimal amounts of the applied modules. There's simply no point in her taking it, even for the UCAS points. Usually people take it before they do the A-Level if they do the GCSE early or finish it early and find it easy, not while they do the AS. And besides, as they have similar content I doubt it's possible to do both in the same sitting.

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

Latest