The Student Room Group

Chemistry/Physics ISA

Hey guys,

Was hoping for some advice on ISA. I've done one Chemistry ISA last year in which I got a C in I think. Took my first and last Biology one a couple of weeks ago and should get mark back tomorrow, and I'm in the middle of my second Chemistry one and have my Physics one tomorrow!

I don't really have any problems in the experiments themselves, as they are usually relatively easy, and despite possibly losing a mark due to silly mistakes on tables my main issue is with the question paper.

I know all the meanings of stuff like reliability etc.. but always struggle on questions that say how can you improve the experiment and what is wrong with it at the moment etc..

Any advice on best way to learn this kind of stuff as really want to make sure I do well in these as they are 25% at the end of the day..

My Chemistry experiment that I've started, I got 1/2 on table which was due to a stupid mistake, and in the middle of experiment - how concentration of sodium thiosulphate affects rates of reaction and my Physics one which I'm doing the experiment for tomorrow is on how length of wire affects resistance.

I've got a couple of days to sort my stuff out for the question papers, so all help is appreciate

:smile:
Reply 1
I did that physics one last week. Out teacher gave us a specimen paper that was practically the same as the real thing, which has helped a lot. I can't relaly offer any advice apart from on the long 3/4 mark question, if you use 3 scientific words, then you get a mark.
Reply 2
I would say, just try a specimen paper...I did (and I got 37/40)
as opposed to when i didn't...I got 21/40

maybe it works for me though
Reply 3
I found the paper for the Chemistry one incredibly easy and I wasn't even there for the experiment. Saying that I probably did really badly, but I managed to answer all the questions (apart from one) with no problem at all.

We did the Physics one a couple of days ago, apparantly it's the easiest but we all had major problems with the table and actually setting up the equipment :s-smilie:
Any general advice for the paper?

Latest