The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Unisex Accom in Halifax???

Hi,

Does anyone know if the houses in Halifax are same-sex or mixed ? I just found out im in Lindly court and suddenly got this horrible feeling......"what if its all boys!!!". Remember reading a post a few days that sum block/accom are all male/ all female etc.

Lol......im a guy myself...but ALL of my friends at the moment (and for the past 5 years) are female.....except one! Lol. Think i've forgotton the skill of communicating with males... :confused:

Please calm my nerves......
Reply 1
Since it is a house it SHOULD be unisex. Most same sex accom is in flats since only men are allowed to live on te ground floor.
University of York
York
alastair
Since it is a house it SHOULD be unisex. Most same sex accom is in flats since only men are allowed to live on te ground floor.

Eek! :eek: So cos I'm in Alcuin (my address says "Flat" on it) and NOT on the ground floor, (i.e. Flat 2/3/4/5/etc) does that mean I'll be in single-sex or mixed accomodation? Oh and does anyone know how many flats are on each floor of Alcuin???

Gen
Reply 3
offtouni2004
Eek! :eek: So cos I'm in Alcuin (my address says "Flat" on it) and NOT on the ground floor, (i.e. Flat 2/3/4/5/etc) does that mean I'll be in single-sex or mixed accomodation? Oh and does anyone know how many flats are on each floor of Alcuin???

Gen

Uhh... the ground floor will have only men, but remember that there will be a mixture on the other floors also. (Although I imagine there will be considerably more girls than boys on the other floors) I know I've seen on here people posting "I'm 1st floor" and have been of both sexes, so...
Reply 4
Just as a note a flat is not a room, there are about 8 rooms per flat and then 6 flats per block. The ground floor is always male only and then other can either be same sex or mixed.

Latest