The Student Room Group

sorry again!! a-levels

hi evry1 sory about this but i really do need help!!
ok...i wnted 2 choose the following subjects:-
Maths, Chemistry, Government and Politics, Religious Studies

Howeva, i had n interview tday n i found out that i can't do the last two togetha as they clash with da timetable thingy...
so i need your advice - which one out of the two should i opt for and ALSO which extra A-level i should pik to help me get into and prepare for Law??

thank you all for reading this thread!!!!
I'd say do Govt. and Politics over Religious Studies and do English or a lanuguage as another one.
But I'm sure people will have better advice.
Reply 2
Drop Religious Studies and take... err... Law?
If you're thinking of applying to red bricks or Russell Unis don't go for Law when you can do English or a Language.
Reply 4
id drop Government and Politics and take English
Reply 5
It depends where you want to go university wise; the top lot don't see Law A level as an academic A level (which is balls cos Laws a wicked A level). I reccommend History as its a "desired" A level, along with a language. But if your considering going into law, you really don't need Chemistry, take an English instead. That ll give you a good balance, Maths, English History + language. Plus Chemistry is regarded as a very difficult A level, so getting that A is harder and is not related to your chosen degree.

Note: my friend got into King's with A level Law so it isnt all that bad.

The key note is to have a minimum of two desired subject like eng, history, math ect.
Reply 6
i am doing no 'desired subjects'
and i've had 3 AAA offers
kiran17
hi evry1 sory about this but i really do need help!!
ok...i wnted 2 choose the following subjects:-
Maths, Chemistry, Government and Politics, Religious Studies

Howeva, i had n interview tday n i found out that i can't do the last two togetha as they clash with da timetable thingy...
so i need your advice - which one out of the two should i opt for and ALSO which extra A-level i should pik to help me get into and prepare for Law??

thank you all for reading this thread!!!!

I would take RE instead of G+P.
Reply 8
d2008
i am doing no 'desired subjects'
and i've had 3 AAA offers

Which subjects? and what uni?
Do Government and Politics. I have a friend who is now in law school and she said that the Politics knowledge was a tremendous help to her. It does make sense when you consider that politics and law are intertwined.

As for the extra A-level, I'll say English Lit/a language/History.
Reply 10
do religious studies instead of government and politics, i know the latter may be useful for law at university but some universities regard it as a less traditional subject.
Reply 11
thank you all for those great commebts

to d2008 - what were your 3 subjects if you don't mind me asking??
thank u
Reply 12
Kiran:
i'm doing 4 (mostly because i couldn't decide what to drop for A2 lol): chemistry, biology, psychology and environmental science (the last of which im not sure many people would see as very academic but its interesting and i enjoy it at least!)

Frater:
Warwick - Law AAA
University of East Anglia - Law with American Law AAA
York - Law AAA

I've also had an offer from the UEA for Law (without the year in the US) of AAB
Reply 13
thank you d2008!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending