The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
feedtheflamingo
Hey guys, is anyone else going to be living in Rosebery? (I mean obviously about 350 other people are going to be but you know what I mean!)

What time are you supposed to arrive on Sunday? Anybody know anything about the hall - bad/good? earthquakeproof? haunted?

yea I think I might be in Rosebery. actually, I had an offer from Passfield, then I was put on a waiting list for Rosebery and got in a couple of days ago.... but it was strange coz the email was sent to ME but it didnt have my name on it. so I called them up, and they sounded kind of confused... but in the end they assured me that I do indeed have a place in Rosebery. so hopefully I will have a place to stay when I arrive to London :frown:

anyway, back to the subject..... I dont know much about the hall but I visited it twice and it seemed one of the nicer halls, especially in the sense of value for money. supposedly a good social life (though this depends completely on the people, eeeem, basically us), not too far from the school, near Islington high street..... dunno anything about it being haunted or not, maybe only by drunk students returning from freshers' party who can't find their room in the middle of the night :wink:

ah well. I hope the people are going to be friendly and sociable, coz I'm leaving so many friends behind in my home country that I couldnt stand not meeting new ones, I would probably flee back with the first plane.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
feedtheflamingo
Hey guys, is anyone else going to be living in Rosebery? (I mean obviously about 350 other people are going to be but you know what I mean!)

What time are you supposed to arrive on Sunday? Anybody know anything about the hall - bad/good? earthquakeproof? haunted?

Yup, I got an offer for a room in Roseberry a couple of months ago.

"On their arrival day, all students should report to Rosebery Avenue reception between 2pm and 6pm, where they will be allocated their room. " (http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RA/offer_1.htm).

I've visited it once, it was really nice, certainly seemed like a place where I would enjoy living for a year. The rooms are of a reasonable size, with standard furniture. On each floor there is a communal toilet/shower room and kitchen. Downstairs there is all the usual rooms, a bar, a computer room, a TV room, a laundry room etc.
Reply 3
Igor
yea I think I might be in Rosebery. actually, I had an offer from Passfield, then I was put on a waiting list for Rosebery and got in a couple of days ago.... but it was strange coz the email was sent to ME but it didnt have my name on it. so I called them up, and they sounded kind of confused... but in the end they assured me that I do indeed have a place in Rosebery. so hopefully I will have a place to stay when I arrive to London :frown:

Strange, my accomodation offer was also changed - from a twin room at Roseberry to a single room (which was what I had originally requested). Looking at the email now, it definately had my name on it!
Reply 4
Imagashead
Strange, my accomodation offer was also changed - from a twin room at Roseberry to a single room (which was what I had originally requested). Looking at the email now, it definately had my name on it!

mine didn't but as they assured me over the phone, I think it should be fine.

also I got what I originally applied for (twin)

Latest

Trending

Trending