The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

not letting me switch 2 joint honours:( what can i do??

ok so i currently have an offer of AAB to study english at nottingham. but i reeally want to change and do the joint english and philosophy course. so i emailed nottingham asking if there were spaces for me to switch and they replied back saying there are no spaces. :frown: im gutted coz i loved nottingham when i saw it!

is there any way from here that i could still get on to the joint course?? anyone i could phone? the entry requirments are lower so im quite suprised! could more spaces come up in extra/clearing? what about if i start the course and then try changing?

ahh so gutted! appreciate any advice:smile:
Reply 1
My advice would be to accept the offer, and try and change when you get there (or try after the results come out). From what I have heard it would be much easier to do this.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Once you get your foot in the door.....i'm sure you could get into the course, although it would be better if you tried to change the course now because that is not a guarantee!
get results then ask, thats what i did, it didn't work but i asked too late and wasn't convincing enough. Chances are with Englihs you'l be able to take enough philo modules in your first year anyway to justify switching to join second year. Otherwise wait till your actaully at the uni, as in everything paid for, then kick up a fuss about swapping. good luck :biggrin: and if nottingham persist in being gay about it..come to warwick....it rules
Reply 4
Well there is nothing you can do until Clearing - and even if there are places they are not obliged to accept you.
You can only do twenty credits of subsid in first year English from September, so I doubt that would be enough to switch in year two, though I don't know for sure. It's the equivalent of two level 1 Philosophy modules though, I believe, as they tend to be weighted at 10 credits.

(But yes, it would probably be possible to switch once you got here, but nothing guaranteed!)
Reply 6
ok im confused now... i'm told there are no spaces..yet i just noticed the course is available through Extra!:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending