The Student Room Group

Best university for Pharmacy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
have to say that notts manc bath are defo the best 3!!!! in which order its up to you to decide i guess

notts does have an amazing reputation which companies such as boots, while manchester does have just as good as a rep with other larger companies, bath i just said from what people told me its really good

still cant get my head around why people say ashton is up there???!! its establishment for pharm is no were as good as the 3 mentioned above.
Even though i may be being biased because im at nottingham doing phamracy, if you were to ask lecturers or even your college teachers im almost certain nottingham manc and bath will be recommended over ashton.

to be honest i guess wherever you go its going to be the same degree at the end of the day, but saying that a MPharm at notts manc or bath would outshine a MPharm from bradford dmu etc (sorry people just being honest)

i think someone said above dont take to much notice from these league tables, they dont really mean much, nottingham does tend to be at the top most times (i think) but things not uni related perhaps bring it down

yes it is 4th worst place in uk to live ,,, dam those guns
LSOP, Bath, King's, Manchester, Nottingham and Aston are the most mentioned for good reputation in Pharmacy.
I am surprised by the lack of mention of Cardiff ...
-Emmz-
I am surprised by the lact of mention of Cardiff ...

You just mentioned it :wink:
Warrior King
You just mentioned it :wink:

But still there is still a lack of mention of it compared to the others. Especially as for this academic year it had the highest number of applicants than any other school of pharmacy and it's also consitently in the top several in the league tables. Oh and it's just awesome :wink:
-Emmz-
But still there is still a lack of mention of it compared to the others. Especially as for this academic year it had the highest number of applicants than any other school of pharmacy and it's also consitently in the top several in the league tables. Oh and it's just awesome :wink:

No bias there then?
-Emmz-
I am surprised by the lack of mention of Cardiff ...

You forgot the "-10 points for being in Wales" rule :p:
Reply 47
the best pharmacy schools imo are: Bath, Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff and LSOP :smile:
Warrior King
No bias there then?

Well apart from last comment - which wasn't mean to be taken seriously hence the :wink: (although personally for me it was awesome) the rest is fact.
Irrelevance
You forgot the "-10 points for being in Wales" rule :p:

:p: what's wrong with Wales?
C'mons guys this thread? Again?

...Strathclyde. :smile:
Reply 51
Medway iz fairly new (4 yearz now) but the teaching is quite good. Also the pharmacy school has own stuff + brialliant facilities! therez alot goin on there at the mo so i would definitely recommend it.
To be honest if you've got ABB/AAB predictions, a good set of GCSEs, good work experience and write a decent enough personal statement in addition to a good reference, your chances of getting a place at the top pharmacy schools like LSOP, Manc, King's, Nottingham and Bath are quite high.

When I applied I got offers from LSOP, Nottingham, Bath and Manc and all without interview (except for Nottingham).
Offer from KCL, wooop!

So now to choose between LSOP and the latter. I just don't know which is better. Anyone else in same position?

K xx
the/pink/flamingo66
Offer from KCL, wooop!

So now to choose between LSOP and the latter. I just don't know which is better. Anyone else in same position?

K xx

Congrats.

Don't really know which to recommend as they're both quite good although I'd probs pick LSOP.
Reply 55
Lol, i think a lot of people have been put in this postition me included...for kings and LSOp, I think there is a thread for it!
Reply 56
lol yeah, i was in the same position too!!
LSOP seems to have some really old facilities, like proper old, whereas franklin wilkins is really modern. But staff are friendlier in LSOP. And LSOP offers 3 month placement abroad. But KCL is really prestigious, 24th in the world university rankings or something.

How did u decide, mxmx?

And warrior king, what makes u pick LSOP?

Thanks guys, i appreciate this
Reply 58
Pink Flamingo -

i ended up choosing King's; mainly because I'm on a gap year and have lived at home, and as LSOP didn't guarantee halls as I live in greater london, so I chose Kings. The reason was mainly that both are excellent places and i have friends at both and they say the teaching standards are similar. But at kings you get to meet a wider variety of people and they have good links with hospitals. Also you get to work with other students doing other healthcare related courses like medicine and nursing, so get to learn how to interact with other healthcare professionals which helps a lot in hospital pharmacy.

Its true that you get to go abroad in 3rd year to anywhere you choose, but you can do the same at Kings in 4th year, but in europe. Apparantly that may change to worldwide later.

Hope this helps. But remember its your decision as you will have to study and (maybe live) there for 4 years!

Good luck and let me know how it goes! :smile:
Reply 59
the/pink/flamingo66
LSOP seems to have some really old facilities, like proper old, whereas franklin wilkins is really modern. But staff are friendlier in LSOP. And LSOP offers 3 month placement abroad. But KCL is really prestigious, 24th in the world university rankings or something.

How did u decide, mxmx?

And warrior king, what makes u pick LSOP?

Thanks guys, i appreciate this

i went to LSOP and the facilities didn't look old :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending