Reply 1
Ooh, I went! :biggrin:

What did you look like? :p:

How did you find it? I was very impressed by everything :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
errr I had a cold so I was the one sniffing ALOT! probably very annoying.
what about you? i might remember you...

I loved it! am thinking of making it first choice, though I can't decide between it and Bristol
Reply 3
Ha, I think I sat next to someone who sniffed a bit! :p: I wore a beige coat... with black jeans and boots. Hair down, I think...

Yeah, if a certain uni rejects me then I'm thinking of firming Exeter. A while ago I was thinking of re-applying and to try my chances at Cambridge again, but then if I like Exeter enough to go there, is there any point re-applying, when I may not get into Cambridge again, and any other different unis I apply to I may like just the same as, or even less, than Exeter? Cambridge is always an option for post-grad also.

I thought the campus was really nice. The hill can be quite a challenge though, haha. I thought previously that Exeter wouldn't be metropolitan enough for me, or big enough, but after going my mind's completely changed, and I think it's a really great place to study in, and it suits me well :smile:

Ha, Bristol rejected me... Have you applied for French and Spanish, comme moi?
Reply 4
You'll have calves of steel by the end of your final year, don't worry...by the end you'll be able to sprint up it with ease :p:
Reply 5
Haha, a challenge indeed :biggrin:

I like the fact that Streatham campus is like a little community, up on a hill. Haha :p:

I can imagine myself having early morning jogs around the place too :biggrin: (but up and down the hill? Hmm :p:)
Reply 6
hmmmm I can't remember, I think I remember seeing someone wearing boots but I can't remember what they looked like /were wearing

I've got offer for German and Spanish and Bristol, but I applied for French and German at Exeter. So we were probably in different subject talks, I had German first then French, what about you?

Yeah the campus/town was really lovely!! I got rejected from Cambridge too and now I'm actually so glad! I don't think I'd be suited (not just saying that, hahah)
I went to see Bristol yesterday, wasn't too impressed if I'm honest...

what uni you waiting to hear from?

:smile:
Reply 7
papillon22
hmmmm I can't remember, I think I remember seeing someone wearing boots but I can't remember what they looked like /were wearing

I've got offer for German and Spanish and Bristol, but I applied for French and German at Exeter. So we were probably in different subject talks, I had German first then French, what about you?

Yeah the campus/town was really lovely!! I got rejected from Cambridge too and now I'm actually so glad! I don't think I'd be suited (not just saying that, hahah)
I went to see Bristol yesterday, wasn't too impressed if I'm honest...

what uni you waiting to hear from?

:smile:

Ah right. I had French and then Spanish so we weren't in the same group.

Yeah, in hindsight I'm not sure Cambridge would've been right for me. After I had interviews and I'd fallen in love the place, I was sort of make-believing that it was the perfect uni for me and everything, but now that I've finally got over the initial disappointment of not being accepted, I can accept that in a lot of ways I might not have been happy there. I'm still tempted to re-apply, but not as much as before when it seemed the end of the world that I'd been rejected.

Why weren't you too impressed by Bristol?

I'm waiting to hear from Nottingham, but it's for an entirely different course.
Reply 8
city_chic
Ah right. I had French and then Spanish so we weren't in the same group.

Yeah, in hindsight I'm not sure Cambridge would've been right for me. After I had interviews and I'd fallen in love the place, I was sort of make-believing that it was the perfect uni for me and everything, but now that I've finally got over the initial disappointment of not being accepted, I can accept that in a lot of ways I might not have been happy there. I'm still tempted to re-apply, but not as much as before when it seemed the end of the world that I'd been rejected.

Why weren't you too impressed by Bristol?

I'm waiting to hear from Nottingham, but it's for an entirely different course.

What did you think of the French lecturers? ooh and the Spanish too, cos I'm considering changing.

Ah yeah I wasn't even convinced about it from the start, and when I went for interview I was even less convinced- it just didn't feel quite right, even though the college and all was nice. I'd never consider reapplying!! I guess I think if i didn't get in first time round I'm not good enough or something

Bristol seemed quite arrogant, and the department people seemed quite boring :frown: is annoying cos its maybe my first choice! they just didn't seem like they were trying to sell it at all

ooh for what course? how did you manage to do your PS?! :s-smilie:
Reply 9
papillon22
What did you think of the French lecturers? ooh and the Spanish too, cos I'm considering changing.

Ah yeah I wasn't even convinced about it from the start, and when I went for interview I was even less convinced- it just didn't feel quite right, even though the college and all was nice. I'd never consider reapplying!! I guess I think if i didn't get in first time round I'm not good enough or something

Bristol seemed quite arrogant, and the department people seemed quite boring :frown: is annoying cos its maybe my first choice! they just didn't seem like they were trying to sell it at all

ooh for what course? how did you manage to do your PS?! :s-smilie:

The French lecturers seemed decent enough I guess. The Spanish ones seemed very dedicated towards the course as well. I was impressed by everything we got told about the year abroad out of anything I think.

I loved the uni and could imagine myself going there, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :frown:

I've heard that people at Bristol tend to be really arrogant. Even when I phoned up with a query the lady on the other end was snide! I asked the simple Q of what the course code was for French and Spanish, and she told me. Then she goes in a quite snooty tone - 'you do realise that French and Spanish is an extremely competitive course here at Bristol?' Do they want people to apply there or not? :rolleyes:

A vet course, haha. I was allowed to send in a separate PS.