The Student Room Group
Reply 1
the Israeli delegate understands what the Afghanistan delegate is saying, however it is my personal belief that a 'battle royale' between Israel and our adversaries is only bound to happen.
May i please suggest that even if a peace treaty were to be made, the adversaries will not keep to their side of the bargain - the Arabic term "HUDNA," comes to mind.
No positive steps forward have been taken thus far towards a peace treaty, although Afghanistan is wary of your concerns over this complex matter. We see it that both sides should be involved in peace talks as soon as a meeting can be convened, and we would also wish that Madam Secretary General would herself be present or a delegate be sent. This conflict needs to come to a close and Afghanistan will whole-heartedly support movements towards talks with both sides, as I'm sure all other GA member states will support.
Reply 3
Iran demands that the Israeli delegate explain why a senior member of his government has threatened to commit a Genocide in Gaza. We call for the GA and the SC to unanimously condemn this blatant act of aggression. The UNSC must pass sanctions against this country and any other who threatens or implemented genocide.
Reply 4
And the Israeli delegate would like to ask the Iranian delegate:
If we (in your opinion) do not exist, then how can we be hurting you?
Correct me if I am wrong, but you and the other Islamic nations do not even recognise Israel.
I ask you this - the Iranian delegate - until Israel is recognised as a legal state by the Islamic nations, how can talks begin with one?
Reply 5
The Israeli delegate is being deliberately obtuse. That his country is an illegal entity doesn't make them any less able to murder the civilians of Palestine.

And perhaps, using his own logic, he can explain how Israel ever hopes to make peace with the Palestinians if Israel believes that negotiations can only occur between recognised states. Since the Zionist entity doesn't recognise the state of Palestine, using his own warped logic, they can never have meaningful talks with them.

But then we all know that Israel is not interested in peace. They have already warned the civilians of Gaza that they intend to commit a genocide there. How much longer can the UN allow this illegal regime to act with impunity?
Reply 6
Israel not interested in peace?
May I please ask the Iranian delegate to explain what 'Hudna,' means.
To my knowledge, it means that should that a muslim make any agreement with any 'unbeliever,' the agreement can be broken - to advantage the muslim in any way, shape or form.
I ask the delegate this: If a hudna-type agreement is going to occur between Israel and gaza, then why should we even waste a breath to start peace talks?
Reply 7
The Israeli delegate is deliberately attempting to divert attention from the point of this discussion. A senior member of the Israeli government has announced his country's intention to commit a genocide of the Gaza civilian population. Does the Israeli delegate care to explain how his country dares to announce such a thing let alone actually carry it out as it is starting to now?

Perhaps instead of trying to deflect criticism by attacking others he should actually answer the question.
The only person that has mentioned a 'Hudna' agreement is the respectable delegate for Israel - this will certainly not apply to any final agreement, and should any preparations be made for war against the people of Gaza, the SC will take steps to end this once and for all.

At this moment in time, the UNSC needs reassurances that Israel will make no move for increased conflict in the region and that these matters can be sorted out through dialogue between representatives for Israel and Gaza.
Reply 9
Liechtenstein calls for peace and increased diplomacy in the area.

Liechtenstein would wax lyrically on the subject, however he is tired.

Liechtenstein apologises for this failing.
The Secretary General is ever present to mediate any proactive discussion between states, and awaits expression of readiness and the desire for a peaceful resolution from both parties.
Nepal calls on Israel and Palestine to do the correct thing and to commit to peaceful negotiations. An invasion by Israel would incite further hatred and ultimately more rockets.
Afghanistan would like to call on all GA member states to give the Israeli and Palestinian leadership until this Friday, 7th March to arrange talks with the Secretary General as a definitive move towards peace in the region. The killings of innocent men, women and children has gone on long enough and Afghanistan would like to urge all delegates to unite in a common cause.

[OOC]It would be pretty cool to have someone representing Hamas for these talks (should they go forward :wink:)[/OOC]
Reply 13
El Salvador urges Isreal to cease military action in the area, and calls for both sides to act with caution and restraint in regard to the near future.
Reply 14
Cuba supports the Palestinians and calls on Israel to stop murdering civilians.
Will the honorable delegate for Israel make a statement to the GA outlining steps it is taking to make peaceful progress in regards this sensitive issue?

Afghanistan would like to ensure no further measures have been put in place in preparation for an armed response from your country.
Reply 16
Apollo
Cuba supports the Palestinians and calls on Israel to stop murdering civilians.

Venezuela echoes the statement of its friend Cuba.
Reply 17
As far as the israeli delegate is concerned, the day we stop placing 'pressure' on the Palestinians, if the day that they will try to annihilate us - alongside with their 'brothers.'
It is for this reason, I can not currently see a route to peace.
If the delegate for Israel is in no two minds about his country's stance on this matter then Afghanistan feels there is no other alternative than to seek a resolution on the matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending