The Student Room Group

UCAS Track...Addicted/Waiting?

1. When did you apply?
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for?
3. How often do you check?
4. What ever else you want to say...

I applied on 7th January. I know they're supposed to give equal cosideration, if your on time but part of me doubts this. Keep thinking earlier applicants have a better chance...more time spent on them/less competition as there are more places available then...what do you think? I also sometimes think maybe they're taking so long because they are equally considering everyone. Applied for Leeds and check on average 4 times a day...am almost ashamed of it lol. It is very frustrating not having much control over such a big decision in your life.

Scroll to see replies

You do know you get sent e-mails when they update track...
Reply 2
EvenStevens
You do know you get sent e-mails when they update track...

Yes...Ofcourse I do, but I never get mine on time. So, it's a bit of a flawed notification system. They always arrive days after I've got an offer. And, if I get an offer from the uni I'm waiting for, I'll know not to go to my other open days, which will save alot of time/travel/money/preparing for interviews. So, it seeems logical to check track.

Plus, when your really anxious to know something, you want to know straight away. Not everyone can wait days for an e-mail. Whether it's irrational or not, I can't help checking. You can't control how the mind works. Lots of people I know waiting for offers are the same. So, I know I'm not alone in feeling like this/doing this.
Reply 3
My obsession died after getting 1 or 2 responses.. hahaha.
Reply 4
p0opy
My obsession died after getting 1 or 2 responses.. hahaha.

I've got 3/5 responses, all unconditional and 1 informal interview and they've told me if they like me, I'll get an unconditional for that too (not been to tht yet), in the space of 3 weeks and wasn't addicted Track at all. Have only kept checking in the last week or so because the uni I really want to go to hasn't responded yet. So, for me it's not really a case of checking because I have no offers/checking for offers in general. It's just for one specific thing.

Everyone's different though. I know people who check because they have no offers/been refused for alot of places/need lower offers etc...Am very grateful I'm not in any of those positions. They, for some, are much harder to cope with. I imagine those peope will be under alot of stress and if you don't get into any of your preferred uni's that's pretty tough. Those that face possibly not getting any offers...it can be awful for them. We're pretty lucky that we don't need to consider Extra/Clearing. You'd have to check all them time then, to decide whether to withdraw from that uni application and take a chance, that still may not work out.

I'm glad you've got the responses you wanted an aren't going through the stress others are going through. Hope it all goes very well for you :smile:
I have not heard if I have been accepted to any Uni yet so I am always going onto Track.... The only thing I do know is that I have two interviews......
Reply 6
I applied in october and im still waiting on 3!
Reply 7
1. When did you apply?
October (Cambridge), December (Manchester, Exeter, Leeds) and February (Durham)
Durham. I was interviewed and it went so bad I fear the reply a bit...
It depends. I checked twice yesterday as a lot of people seemed to get offers for Modern Languages. But once a day usually.
Durham's own track is rubbish, lol. It says "You're application has not yet been received by a College", and I always read "Your application has been received by a College" ...
Reply 8
I'm waiting in hope that UCAS and my firm and insurance agree to change swap my replies around.
1. When did you apply? 11th October.
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? None.
3. How often do you check? Never, but I used to check once a day.
4. What ever else you want to say... So glad it's all over! :biggrin:

Now I just need to decide. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Epitomessence
1. When did you apply? 11th October.
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? None.
3. How often do you check? Never, but I used to check once a day.
4. What ever else you want to say... So glad it's all over! :biggrin:

Now I just need to decide. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

You want to go to LSE. Decision made. Your welcome. :rolleyes:
1. When did you apply? 21st of October
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? None :biggrin: Finally!
3. How often do you check? I still check occasionally to ensure the offers havn't changed, but I used to check about 5 times a day... probs 10+ on a saturday.
4. What ever else you want to say... I'm glad I applied nice and early! It still took ages for my offers to come, but my friends who applied a couple of weeks later are still waiting for offers!
1. When did you apply? January 12th
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? On track I'm waiting for three - Warwick,UCL and Imperial. (But have recieved another offer by letter from UCL)
3. How often do you check? 6-7 times a day (Don't judge me :p:)
4. What ever else you want to say... Imperial please contact me! :smile:
Reply 13
1. When did you apply?

1. Early October
2. L.S.E and Durham
3. Once a day
4. Very frustrating how slow a university can be looking at a peice of paper. Lol especially durham firstly they tell me i might have to wait till the end of the year, then the end of january, then the middle of march. It takes the mickey :P
1. When did you apply? Nov 14th
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? Warwick for History & Culture (none language stream)
3. How often do you check? I only log on when I get an email through to say it has been updated.
4. What ever else you want to say... The waiting game is boring.
1. When did you apply? It was sent beginning of November sometime.
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? LJMU, Sheffield Hallam and Northampton
3. How often do you check? Maybe once every few weeks.
4. What ever else you want to say... I don't really check much because it seems that with the courses I've applied for the longer they leave you waiting the more likely you are to get an offer! Also I know that for Sheffield Hallam and Northampton I will probably be waiting until some time in April to hear back. Not sure about LJMU they said a few weeks (over a month ago) but from others I've spoken to only people who've been rejected have heard back so far.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!
Reply 16
1. When did you apply? I sent my app Nov 15th, but stupid college didn't add my reference until December 15th
2. What Uni replies are you waiting for? Just one more from Anglia Ruskin
3. How often do you check? When UCAS sends me emails :smile:
4. What ever else you want to say... I just got an offer from the uni I really really want to go to, it's BBB which seems doable to me. I've also got an offer from my insurance uni, so I'm just waiting on the last one. It's mostly out of curiosity because out of the three I applied for it's the one I least want to go to. And I don't check often because I can never remember my number so it's a hassle finding that.
1. When did you apply?
14th Feb
BathSpa, Newport, Oxford Brookes
Twice a day: lunchtime and early evening.
Not really bothered about Newport and Brookes, but really REALLY wish BathSpa would hurry up.
Reply 18
1. When did you apply?
23rd Nov - after 5 painful weeks of waiting on a reference
None technically as they've all contacted me, but Imperial and Southampton
Hardly ever these days but I will after my Imperial interview, and Southampton visit day. I used to check a hell of a lot though.
Glad it will be over soon! It was a fun game :smile:
Reply 19
stolenstars

3. How often do you check? I still check occasionally to ensure the offers havn't changed, but I used to check about 5 times a day... probs 10+ on a saturday.

How comes you checked on Saturday? I thought they only updated Track Mon-Fri? And do you know if it's true that they only update at 12pm and 5pm? If it is I can limit my self to only checking at these times for definate lol

Latest

Trending

Trending