The Student Room Group

Buckingham Palace summer job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've also applied for retail assistant and have interview on 22nd, do you know how soon we'll find out? :smile:
Original post by celinex
I've also applied for retail assistant and have interview on 22nd, do you know how soon we'll find out? :smile:

No idea, hope they don't make us wait too long though. Good luck for your interview by the way! Oh, and you do Environmental Geoscience, I do Environmental Science :awesome: Just wanted to point that out lol.
Reply 42
Original post by x-Saffire-x
No idea, hope they don't make us wait too long though. Good luck for your interview by the way! Oh, and you do Environmental Geoscience, I do Environmental Science :awesome: Just wanted to point that out lol.

thanks, good luck with yours too! really really want this job soo much haha :biggrin:
ohhh awesome :tongue: , how you finding it?
Original post by celinex
thanks, good luck with yours too! really really want this job soo much haha :biggrin:
ohhh awesome :tongue: , how you finding it?

I want this job as well, fingers cross we get it!!
Yeah, loving it so far although as part of my course at my uni we have to do a module called Wastes as an Environmental Issues which I can NOT wait to drop next year. I was just wondering what's the difference with your course and mine :smile:
I have an interview/assessment day on the 22nd! Not really sure what to wear. Do you have to look professional? E.g wear black trousers, turtle neck top and decent shoes? Thanks :smile:
Reply 45
I have an Interview/assessment day on the 17th to be a warden. Pretty nervous but so excited at the prospect! I think I will wear a suit to the interview
Does anyone have/ had a telephone interview for Ticket Sales and Information Assistant yet?

Also have an assesment day on the 5th of March for retail assistant so will let you know how it goes.
Reply 47
Original post by **Natasha**
Hi I had my interview on the 17th were u at 1pm or 3pm? How did it go :smile:

I was at 1! Was pretty daunting but think It went ok!
How about you?
Reply 48
Original post by x-Saffire-x
I want this job as well, fingers cross we get it!!
Yeah, loving it so far although as part of my course at my uni we have to do a module called Wastes as an Environmental Issues which I can NOT wait to drop next year. I was just wondering what's the difference with your course and mine :smile:

ahh sorry for late reply- don't come on here as often as I used to!
yeah fingers crossed! :biggrin: :biggrin:
ohh i see! are you in your first/second/third year? for my first year, i had to do a lot of geology... rocks, which i have to say i'm not very good at! this year, theres less but still quite a lot of geology..i did one module which they called Applied Environmental, and the lecturer actually kept mentioning waste and we looked at some waste management processes... but my modules aren't really specifically environmental yet! probs have to wait until next year :smile: yeah i think different unis will have different components? but not sure how much they differ!
Reply 49
I got Ticket Sales and Information Assistant, subject to references of course! Good luck to everyone who still has interviews! xxxx
Reply 50
Original post by Mugs_Maloney
Does anyone have/ had a telephone interview for Ticket Sales and Information Assistant yet?

Also have an assesment day on the 5th of March for retail assistant so will let you know how it goes.

Yeah I did, it was fine! Good luck xx
Reply 51
Original post by **Natasha**
Hey Guys, can anyone tell me the date of this years registration day for wardens, I have had no information through yet. Or can anyone from before tell me was the registration the first day of your training or was it a separate day for example the week before you started training. Sorry I am trying to book a week away before we start training on June 11th but need to know if I need to be in the country before that date. I emailed them and haven't heard back just yet. Thanks Muchly :biggrin:

Well depends where your working at... I do know that due to HRM diamond jubilee they split summer oppenings in two halves. Those who want to work before and after the jubilee but thats for BPSO wardens. If your working at QGRM registration is on the 11th followed by 2 weeks training I think.
I just wondered who's applying for a Buckingham Palace summer job this year? I'm in my last year of uni in London and I'd really like a warden job. The only problem is that I'm going travelling in early September so I won't be able to do the whole contract! Do you think it's still worth applying?
Reply 53
Original post by Hattie1992
I just wondered who's applying for a Buckingham Palace summer job this year? I'm in my last year of uni in London and I'd really like a warden job. The only problem is that I'm going travelling in early September so I won't be able to do the whole contract! Do you think it's still worth applying?

The year I worked there, there were a few contracts until the end of August. So I'd definitely say it's worth applying.
Original post by Aula
The year I worked there, there were a few contracts until the end of August. So I'd definitely say it's worth applying.

ooh, thanks for that. I suppose it's worth a shot! Did you enjoy working there?
Reply 55
Original post by Hattie1992
ooh, thanks for that. I suppose it's worth a shot! Did you enjoy working there?

Loved it.
Contemplating reapplying to work there this year. If I've not found anything permanent in the next few weeks I definitely will.
Reply 56
How do you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vinster
How do you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/WorkingfortheRoyalHousehold/HowtoApply.aspx

Here's the application page and the job details are under 'summer jobs'. You can either apply for Warden, Retail Assistant or Ticket Sales and Information Assistant.
Reply 58
Original post by Aula

Heya,

I've just sent my application. I have been working at wimbledon doing bag searching for the last 3 years and fancied a change ^^ Which position did you do? I've applied for Warden like Hattie. I was wondering about the hours? At Wimbledon I did 10-12hour shifts :s-smilie: xxx
Reply 59
Original post by LIzzieWoo
Heya,

I've just sent my application. I have been working at wimbledon doing bag searching for the last 3 years and fancied a change ^^ Which position did you do? I've applied for Warden like Hattie. I was wondering about the hours? At Wimbledon I did 10-12hour shifts :s-smilie: xxx

I don't quite remember the hours, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near as long as that!
I was a garden warden.

Right, I have just sent in my application again for this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending