The Student Room Group

Buckingham Palace summer job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by stephenjohn19
I had my interview on Friday. It was okay but I am not sure how it went. Difficult to tell whether you have done well.

I am appalled for the ticket sales job, it may be different to the warden post but they told us you are contractually obliged to work from the 22nd of June (a couple of days for training) to the end of September.

Were you not aware of this when you applied? Fairly sure it says something similar on the application page.
And it doesn't mean you'll be working every day, just that you can't have time off.
Reply 81
Omg are u serious? A telephone interview? I have a group interview AND a one to one interview? Are you sure it's the Buckingham Palace location and not the Windsor Castle one?
Reply 82
Original post by LIzzieWoo
It wasn't as bad as thought, hopefully they will be recruiting loads of us. Did they say how many positions are available?

I read somewhere, something like 350 staff for Buckingham Palace for the summer period. Do you think it will benefit to speak in a posh accent?
Reply 83
Original post by stephenjohn19
Yes it is a group activity and then a one on one interview on Friday at 1pm till 3pm. They must have different interviews for different roles.

Good luck

I have an interview next week as well. Keep me posted please.:s-smilie:
Reply 84
Original post by Nicola33
I've applied for a job as a Warden in the summer - my group interview is on Wednesday.
Does anybody have any advice for what to wear. I know we have to be smart but do we have to wear a suit/blazor or just a smart dress/ skirt?

What time is your interview?
Reply 85
Original post by Aula
Loved it.
Contemplating reapplying to work there this year. If I've not found anything permanent in the next few weeks I definitely will.

Do you remember what the warden uniform was? :confused:
Reply 86
Original post by Sophie1234
I got Ticket Sales and Information Assistant, subject to references of course! Good luck to everyone who still has interviews! xxxx

Do you know which references exactly are look at? Or how you find out whether you're application was successful?
Reply 87
Hi :smile:
I've got an interview on Thursday for a retail job. The email just said it would be 45 minutes long, it didn't specify group or 1 to 1? And I haven't had a phone interview either :confused:. Also, can you still apply to local uni's for summer accommodation?
Reply 88
Hi, got an interview on wed 27th for retail assistant, anyone else?
Reply 89
Original post by pr1nz
Do you know which references exactly are look at? Or how you find out whether you're application was successful?

Warden uniform: search google and you will find some examples (navy blue with red trims)

References: I believe they look as at all of them. For academic/work they call/email referees to check that you actually did go there. Personal they ask basic questions about you to your referee. Make sure they know you for long enough time and can answer basic questions.

You should get an email saying if you are successful and should hopefully follow by an official letter/contract for you to sign.
Reply 90
Original post by herbie91
Hi :smile:
I've got an interview on Thursday for a retail job. The email just said it would be 45 minutes long, it didn't specify group or 1 to 1? And I haven't had a phone interview either :confused:. Also, can you still apply to local uni's for summer accommodation?

Retail not too sure about interview procedure but I would imagine same format as Warden.
And Yes you can still apply for accommodation at Unis for summer.
Original post by pr1nz
I read somewhere, something like 350 staff for Buckingham Palace for the summer period. Do you think it will benefit to speak in a posh accent?

One thinks it will be super if one has a posh accent. It may help if one is adept at changing nappies should the third in line to the throne have been born then and need changing.
Reply 92
Original post by 0bravo7
Warden uniform: search google and you will find some examples (navy blue with red trims)

References: I believe they look as at all of them. For academic/work they call/email referees to check that you actually did go there. Personal they ask basic questions about you to your referee. Make sure they know you for long enough time and can answer basic questions.

You should get an email saying if you are successful and should hopefully follow by an official letter/contract for you to sign.

oh cool thank you very much. That clarified it. Do you know how many days after the interview they contact you via email?
Reply 93
Original post by pr1nz
oh cool thank you very much. That clarified it. Do you know how many days after the interview they contact you via email?

I sent an email to them and they were being very vague, they said it will take a couple of weeks. :frown:
Reply 94
what the... you can apply to work in buckingham palace? you must have to go through such a strict process.. I thought everyone that worked their were of some relation to a top notch rich family or somethig.
Reply 95
Original post by LIzzieWoo
I sent an email to them and they were being very vague, they said it will take a couple of weeks. :frown:

Yeah the guy said it would take a few weeks...best thing to do now is to wait I guess and focus on uni / college (or sort out any outstanding application details)...
Reply 96
Is the pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly?
Reply 97
monthly. its been a week now, still no news :frown:
Got an interview on Tuesday for Retail Assistant..fingers crossed it goes well. Applied last year and didn't get it, hopefully second time lucky :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Got an interview on Tuesday for Retail Assistant..fingers crossed it goes well. Applied last year and didn't get it, hopefully second time lucky :smile:

awww, goood luck hun. Did they give you feedback? How long does it take for them to get back? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending