The Student Room Group
If you speak to your head of maths, he/she may be able to help you. Explain that it is essential that you take A-Level Maths, and see what they say. Taking the exams privately would mean you either hiring a (very expensive) private tutor or self-teaching, which is difficult.
why did they move you to just doing an AS over two years?
there's probably a good reason- were you not doing very well in it?
talk to your teacher/head of maths and explain, see if you can go back to your old class or work soemthing out.
Reply 3
Well i was giving a test after my holiday after being ill but i failed the test and they kicked me off but when i look back on it now it is so easy but then again that cant account for it.
Reply 4
Arsenalforev
Well i was giving a test after my holiday after being ill but i failed the test and they kicked me off but when i look back on it now it is so easy but then again that cant account for it.

Show them that you can actually do it..?
A2 maths in such a short period is pretty difficult though.
Without a private tutor you will need very good determination and definitely to get moved to the A2 class.
Only two months left until the exams. If I was in your place, I would actually take a gap year and do the A2 there (+ perhaps with minimum of AS Further Maths, so you'd decrease the difficulty when you join a uni).
Some unis accept you without A2 or even AS maths, so you might want to look at those if you want to go to uni this year.

Just out of my opinion, I'm no expert.
Reply 5
thanks for the advice i was thinking doh since i already covered C1 and am going to be entered for that only this year i culd do my C2 and S1 privately and show it to my college to enter me for A2. i have been having private tutorings for the past month.

Latest